Free and Cheap Wills discussion area

Options

Comments

• astreix
    astreix Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mrs has convinced me to get a Will in place.

If anyone has personal experience, can they recommend a solicitor in Surrey area?
  • Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    Options
    astreix wrote: »
    Mrs has convinced me to get a Will in place.

If anyone has personal experience, can they recommend a solicitor in Surrey area?
    Best thing is to ask your friends fopr a personal recomendation. Choose a firm with several partners but not a big one.
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have two adult children from a previous marriage and one adult child with my second husband. He has no other children. We want our wills to say the same: To each other on death and equally between children on second or both deaths. As there are stepchildren involved, are the wills still classed as mirror wills?
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have two adult children from a previous marriage and one adult child with my second husband. He has no other children. We want our wills to say the same: To each other on death and equally between children on second or both deaths. As there are stepchildren involved, are the wills still classed as mirror wills?

There’s no reason why you couldn’t have mirror wills - just make sure that the children’s name are given in full and that the wills are kept safe.

If you died first and his will went missing (or he changed his will), your eldest two could miss out on their inheritance.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    Options
    The most important thing is that all parties get independent professional advice and get the job done by a solicitor aunder do circumstanes use a will writer or try to DIY it.
  • Wikikenkey
    Wikikenkey Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 June 2018 at 12:28PM
    Options
    My partner and I would like to draw up mirror wills up leaving all to each other and then to our adult child. Can I and our adult child be executors?

Also has anyone had any experience with Co-op Legal Services in writing their will or know whether they would be recommended?

Thanks
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Options
    Wikikenkey wrote: »
    My partner and I would like to draw up mirror wills up leaving all to each other and then to our adult child. Can I and our adult child be executors?

Yes. Beneficiaries can be executors.

We have each other and adult children as executors.
  • Wikikenkey
    Options
    Thank you so much for your quick reply. Just read some good reviews on Co-op. Think I will go ahead.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,061 Forumite
    Options
    Is Coop offering a solicitor or a will writer? you need the former
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Wikikenkey
    Options
    Not sure - I didn't think about that - Martin had a link on site with a reduced fee till 30 June. I will check.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback