Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

MSE News: Nationalised bank customers 'to get choice' after sell-off

edited 3 November 2009 at 6:43PM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
41 replies 5K views
MSE_GuyMSE_Guy MSE Staff
1.7K Posts
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
edited 3 November 2009 at 6:43PM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Customers of the three Government-backed banks will get a choice which provider they belong to when the trio are dismantled, the Chancellor has confirmed ..."

OfficialStamp.gif

Replies

• Paza02Paza02 Forumite
    50 Posts
    Wonder what choice Northern Rock customers will get who haven't missed any payments but are on the 'Together' product.
  • chambtachambta Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've fielded endless calls today from worried customers who happy with RBS but are worried where this leaves them.
  • stclairstclair Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    chambta wrote: »
    I've fielded endless calls today from worried customers who happy with RBS but are worried where this leaves them.

I think RBS customers should be able to use Natwest Branches for free and vice versa when it comes to cashiering services etc.

Im very shocked they are culling Natwest branches in Scotland. When theres like 2 branches within a 5 minute walk from each other in Birmingham :confused:
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • oxenrydoxenryd Forumite
    478 Posts
    Just watching ITV news, they've just said that the 3 new banks we'll get will be Virgin, Tesco and MetroBank. And if I heard correctly, some will be operating by Spring 2010
    Originally Posted by Dr Cuckoo3
    Your bank and bank card does say something about the kind of person you are: Big 4 banks=sheep;),Santander=someone who doesnt mind incompetence:p,COOP=Ethical views,a campaigner:cool:,First Direct/Coventry=someone who thinks they are better than others:o,NI Bank card when living on the mainland=Aspergers :D
    2.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natwest's presence in Scotland is tiny-single figures in terms of branches. Personally what I find most annoying of all is that the RBS hierarchy have allowed us to take the brunt of the stick at the expense of their sacred (In England & Wales) Natwest only to cut us adrift at the first opportunity.
  • CG19aCG19a Forumite
    765 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Natwest customer and have been since university. I'd rather stick with them as I've always had pretty decent service and usually do all my banking over the phone and internet. My only real concern would be having to drive from Glasgow to Carlisle if I wanted to pay money into my account.
  • stclairstclair Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    CG19a wrote: »
    I'm a Natwest customer and have been since university. I'd rather stick with them as I've always had pretty decent service and usually do all my banking over the phone and internet. My only real concern would be having to drive from Glasgow to Carlisle if I wanted to pay money into my account.

You can pay money in at an RBS branch into a Natwest account with a paying in slip.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • scott_lithgowsscott_lithgows Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    What choice did Bradford + Bingley savings customers get ?
    I have a deep burning indifference
    2.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    What choice did Bradford + Bingley savings customers get ?

There's still a Bradford & Bingley on my High Street.
  • CG19aCG19a Forumite
    765 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    stclair wrote: »
    You can pay money in at an RBS branch into a Natwest account with a paying in slip.

Would that still be the case though when all these changes are made? I know its probably still a bit to early to say for sure. It would be great if they joined up to the post office scheme like Lloyds and Coop.
This discussion has been closed.