Royal Mail = Fail Whale

Options
Delta-NC
Delta-NC Posts: 118 Forumite
edited 3 November 2009 at 2:36AM in Employment, jobseeking & training
Is anyone else having trouble applying to be an seasonal temp at Royal Mail?

I've been checking for weeks for work in Glasgow and seen nothing come up. I tried calling today as someone mentioned that the Springburn mail center was advertising for staff. After three phone calls in which a robot told me to "check the website silly man" I gave up due to fears for my phone bill.

Today at the job center I see an advert for seasonal mail center staff in Glasgow! The job description told me to "apply on the website silly man" but I have been looking for weeks and I get nothing at all for Glasgow! The only places that show any work are Edinburgh and Carlisle.

Is anyone else having similar problems, or am I just missing something?

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Why do you keep referring to yourself as a retard?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Delta-NC
    edited 3 November 2009 at 2:37AM
    Options
    Every option on the phone system basically told me to "check the website" and clearly my dyslexia was affecting me since I had looked there already and could not find the information I needed.

My logic was that by calling them I may be able to find out information that wasn't on the website but Royal Mail seem intent that everything anyone could possibly want to ask them ever is indeed already on their website.

If only I knew where. :rotfl:
  • juliescot
    juliescot Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    Having checked the website there are no Xmas casual jobs currently at Springburn - there certainly were less than a month ago

Your search was based on
    Position Type: Christmas Casual

We are sorry but there are currently no opportunities that matched the criteria you used. However, it is likely that we will be recruiting within this area in the future. Why don't you sign up for email job alerts so we can tell you when we do have vacancies that match what you are looking for.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Perhaps the closing date has passed?

I would reconsider your choice of words, retard is a pretty offensive term.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    probably the job centre one is out of date
    im sure you saw on the news how 4 billion people applied for 5 jobs(well so it seems by the papers)
    only 'job' is saw was a 5 hour Saturday duty in Hamilton
    if i go back to Uni a duty like that would be perfect for me
  • Delta-NC
    Options
    They possibly are all taken now, but I find it odd that I never saw them at all. I have been checking every few days for the past month or so. In fact I only just got a letter a few days ago telling me about seasonal jobs (I worked for RM last December).
  • Fonz_2
    Fonz_2 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    Given that the rest of them are workshy cretins you'd think there would be hundreds of openings for people actually willing to do the job! :)
  • mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Options
    They are advertising for xmas staff in glasgow mail centre right now also in west lothian.
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • trevormax
    trevormax Posts: 943 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are jobs for glasgow xmas mail sorter on their site here http://rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail01.asp?s=FoQnTYvIgXJoLlXgd&jobid=72839,8722341283&key=28006042&c=482534545840&pagestamp=seukqcxtmdmijytmfs or check for Ref:XMA09S063

Btw, I applied weeks ago and other than the confirmation email, I have heard nothing from them.
  • Delta-NC
    Options
    Thanks Trevormax! How on earth did you find that!? :)

Applied now. Thanks for the help everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure