We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Buy to let mortgage for under-25, first time buyer?
j19
Posts: 69 Forumite
Do any mortgages exist? I don't meet the paper criteria for any of the major banks (being under 25), despite being in a very viable financial position
0
Comments
-
Can you explain your viable position?
Any figures you can post would be goodI am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Have you talked to the obvious buy2let brokers???
If so what did they say?
If not, give it a go.. they are motivated (£££ commission) to help you...
Cheers!
Lodger0 -
What deposit have you saved??"You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"0
-
My financial advisor said all I need to do is get a regular mortgage buy the property as though I intended to live in it myself.... then 3 months later I can legitimately change my mind and decide to let it out...
Or is that fraud?:money:0 -
You will need to get the mortgage lender's permission to do this.My financial advisor said all I need to do is get a regular mortgage buy the property as though I intended to live in it myself.... then 3 months later I can legitimately change my mind and decide to let it out...
Or is that fraud?:money:"You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"0 -
-
So how much deposit have you saved up? Halifax require 25% deposit for a BTL mortage, as well as a minimum income of £25,000."You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards