🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

My Washing Machine Has Gone Bung

Options
It's knackered with smoke coming out of.

Guess I'll need a new one.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

*Apologies if this is in the wrong section*
4.30: conduct pigeon orchestra...

Comments

• vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lots Moneysavers will say how 'good' the German 'posh' brands are - probably not built there, though.

My opinions on spending hundreds of £$£$ on washing machine to last forever, is not agood idea.

I'd prefer a known brand at £250ish, bought on Nationwide card to get an extra years warranty & then have as modern appliance, as pos, even every 4 years or so. Rather tyhan an old one, at 8 years into it's life.

I know it isn't good to trash the thing, into the tip - but it'd probably be more power & water efficient, this way.

Bought a couple of WIE 167 Indesits for house & flat, Dixons £220ish, 5year parts warranty (but they stuff you with £100ish call out fee!!). So there will be a current model similar, now if you Pricerunner it.

VB
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I replaced my Zanussi which lasted me just over 6 years, with a LOT of use with a Miele, which cost just over £500 including delivery.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 1 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport