What's happened to my DD Discount and 'No Standing Charge'?

Options
Hana
Hana Posts: 47 Forumite
Having checked out my Powergen bills for the last year (to compare with a view to switching), I noticed the following:

1) I pay by monthly DD, and therefore should be receiving a 3% discount. This has been missing from my last three quarterly bills.

2) I've been on the tariff 'No Standing Charge - Economy 7 with Heatwise' for the last 2 years. Suddenly, on only my most recent bill, I've apparently switched to 'Economy 7 with Heatwise'. Where's my No Standing Charge??! Surprise, surprise, a standing charge is included in my bill.

Luckily, calls to Powergen produced apologies, claims that they didn't understand why either of these things had happened, and promises to apply and backdate the discount, and deduct the standing charge.

Coincidence? It seems a bit much. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My discounts were never added without my contacting them in 9 months. I gave up and moved. You need to watch every bill from now on.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • Hana
    Hana Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, it's all come to light because I'm switching. Certainly I've got my 3% 'cos they sent me a cheque for it.
    Call me cynical, but I'm wondering if they're 'accidentally' flicking the DD Discount to 'off' and the standing charge switch to 'on' for everyone. Apologising and claiming ignorance to those who query it. Since it's less than a tenner a quarter combined, I bet many people won't notice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure