IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NEWS. BPA HAS FAILED TO ANSWER IT'S CRITICs despite saying that it would.

Options
The words of the BPA can now be seen for what they are. And their true value can be easily assessed.
The BPA has not responded to the matters of fact raised in http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1956899

By their failure to rebut the BPA has admitted to all the matters of fact raised in that thread.

They do NOT enforce their Code of Practice.
Their fine words are meaningless.
Their inaction tells the story.

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    Options
    Which is a shame really as there is no other sanction on the rogue ppc's since the Bi b's don't want to know. As they have blatantly no power to regulate the industry (if thats the right word) just why are the government consulting with them regarding clamping etc. They are seemingly as toothless as the SIA.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • James_N
    James_N Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coblcris wrote: »
    The words of the BPA can now be seen for what they are. And their true value can be easily assessed.
    The BPA has not responded to the matters of fact raised in http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1956899

By their failure to rebut the BPA has admitted to all the matters of fact raised in that thread.

They do NOT enforce their Code of Practice.
    Their fine words are meaningless.
    Their inaction tells the story.

I was for 26 years an RAC member and am now with the AA. Neither seem to be pro-active on this - but it MUST affect their members. Why should this be so. Can they not be asked to make a joint approach to the government? As a start, I would have thought that the Scottish example on clamping would have been a good one to follow and that would at least remove the more extreme criminal elements from the parking "enforcement" picture.
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    James_N wrote: »
    I was for 26 years an RAC member and am now with the AA. Neither seem to be pro-active on this - but it MUST affect their members. Why should this be so. Can they not be asked to make a joint approach to the government? As a start, I would have thought that the Scottish example on clamping would have been a good one to follow and that would at least remove the more extreme criminal elements from the parking "enforcement" picture.

Good point.

We the public DO need to make a strong respresentation to the government minister responsible, and soon. Especially as there has been ridiculous talk of 'regulating' PPCs (pointless and helpful only to the PPCs...would the government regulate thieves and allow them to continue if they had a licence to steal?!).:mad:

How do we get our knowledge out of this forum and into the in-tray of the Transport Minister? Emailing people is no use (e.g. the DVLA appear to have just ignored recent emails to read and act upon the 'BPA failure thread' linked above) and petitions are ten-a-penny.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    I think you will find I raised this very point on the original thread. As a group, motorists do not have a body to speak up for us, the AA and RAC should but don't. They'll complain like mad when legislation has been passed but are remarkably quiet before.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Bumping this thread back to the top. Where are yoooooo BPA???:rotfl:
  • BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Bumping this thread back to the top. Where are yoooooo BPA???:rotfl:

They are too busy watching their scamming, thieving crooks, sorry members go down the pan to respond.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 3 November 2009 at 8:23PM
    Options
    Maybe they are busy talking to some mates on Facebook, like their friend Gaz at Parking Eye (what a wonderful web-expert he is...!):

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=98850798084&topic=9495

:T:rotfl:

P.S. Are Parking Eye members of the BPA? If so then their lying, illegal web presence and business practices are not exactly helping the reputation of BPA members... not that they had a good reputation to start with of course...
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    Best way to combat these jokers is to park your cars willy nilly collecting notices and subsequently ignoring them burning up their resources.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport