The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Good Customer Service Credit Card?

In the last three months I have dealt with Citi CS regarding fraudulent use of my card and MBNA regarding a new card and credit limit. Both have awful CS. Rather than get a card because it offers 0% or cash back I would rather get one that I can telephone, get through within 10 rings and speak to a person rather than voicemail. It would be marvellous if the person could deal with the matter immediately, not transfer me to another department, and was a native English speaker without an extreme regional accent.
Anyone know of such a card?

Comments

• PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    long and short....none
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    What about First Direct? They make very big claims about their customer service, they are so confident that if you move your banking to them and you don't like the service they'll help you switch and give you £100.

http://www1.banking.firstdirect.com/1/2/creditcards;jsessionid=0000V66E1dgsFTgAb-bLQe5rAgs:11qks5bhc?clear=true
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • downshifter
    downshifter Posts: 1,122
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    izools wrote: »
    What about First Direct? They make very big claims about their customer service, they are so confident that if you move your banking to them and you don't like the service they'll help you switch and give you £100.

http://www1.banking.firstdirect.com/1/2/creditcards;jsessionid=0000V66E1dgsFTgAb-bLQe5rAgs:11qks5bhc?clear=true

You beat me to it. You'll need to cope with a wonderful Yorkshire accent generally though - is that ok? The customer service real live person will also tell you what the weather's like on the outskirts of Leeds if you need proof of where they are, tell you what they did on their holidays or had for lunch if you like, and generally treat you like a human being without reading from a script.

If that's what you want, and it's certainly what I want, then go to FirstDirect. No I'm not an employee just a very satisfied customer of an organisation that recognises the importance of these sorts of these things - it's much more like the old fashioned relationship we used to have (and my elderly mum still has) with bank counter staff.

DS
  • Mozette
    Mozette Posts: 2,247 Forumite
    Egg. I've always found them very helpful.
  • marksoton
    marksoton Posts: 17,516 Forumite
    Amex have always delivered in my experience.
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Amex and John Lewis have always been good in my experience
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• Stay clear of Barclaycard they use and automated service and when you need to speak to them they all bearly speak English - they do have a good online service though. Halifax have always been pretty good in my experience - their offers are not amazing compared to virgin etc but they are reasonable and their CS isn't based abroad.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    LBG_worker wrote: »
    Stay clear of Barclaycard they use and automated service and when you need to speak to them they all bearly speak English - they do have a good online service though. Halifax have always been pretty good in my experience - their offers are not amazing compared to virgin etc but they are reasonable and their CS isn't based abroad.

Although it is Scottish; which can be quite a challenge if you are a Southerner like me! ;)
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • hee! very very true! but it is hard to say with customer service it all depends who you get? could get a nice helpful committed worker or you could get a lazy 17 year old who cant wait to get you off the phone! I have always found barclaycard terrible though .... not just the customer service but even when you use the secure email facility to ask a question you get back something un related! but as soon as you want to leave it is straight through to some nice friendly english speaking customer loyalty person - I tried to close my student card with them (many years ago) and when my cards where lost / stolen I found out the account had not been closed at all because they sent me a new student card when I requested for my platinum card to be re issued!
  • babs98 wrote: »
    In the last three months I have dealt with Citi CS regarding fraudulent use of my card and MBNA regarding a new card and credit limit. Both have awful CS. Rather than get a card because it offers 0% or cash back I would rather get one that I can telephone, get through within 10 rings and speak to a person rather than voicemail. It would be marvellous if the person could deal with the matter immediately, not transfer me to another department, and was a native English speaker without an extreme regional accent.
    Anyone know of such a card?
    Yes, LLoyds TSB. I've only had to phone them a couple of times but they meet most of your criteria.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure