part time employed and part time selfemployed, need help!

Options
Hi,
I have new circumstance for the moment that i dont understand much myself...

..I am employed at one company for 9 hours per week for one year now and i didnt pay any Ni or tax because i earned much less than 100 pound a week.

Now i got new part time job next to the other one which is self employed bacis with irregular working hours from 9-16 hours per week.
So im working both places, total working hours going to be over 16 hours now and approx. income per week will be around 110- 140 pounds. What to do next? Do i have to pay Ni and tax now? But my income is so irregular...Im so confused....
Do i have to register myself as self employed? but the other job is not self employed. As i undersand that i can claim WTC now after i have more than 16 hours per week.
Can anyone make things more clear please!!
Cheers!

Comments

• alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    If you are self employed then you need to register yourself has such.

You pay different NI conts whilst being S/E than you do being employed.

S/E = Class 2 NICs
    Employed = Class 1 NICs.

I am not sure about the tax side of things but I imagine if you earn over your personal Tax allowance then you will pay tax.

You can only claim working tax if you work 16 hours and over if you have children or a disabilty, otherwise you have to work 30 and this depends on your income level whether you're entitled.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure