Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

JustGiving - Sophie Atay

mattytun
mattytun Posts: 13,920 Forumite
Rampant Recycler Xmas Saver! Savvy Shopper! Energy Saving Champion
http://www.justgiving.com/Sophie-appeal/
It was sad to hear on the news about this little baby girl ive done my part to help her .......;)
Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd :cool:

Comments

• Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I've given a donation and wondered if anyone else would like to. Even if everyone passing through gave a £1 it would help towards the fund, and to the chance of giving this little girl a chance of a normal life. Time is running out for her.

http://www.justgiving.com/sophie-appeal/?ref=nf
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • jaffa30
    jaffa30 Posts: 19,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    its just been on the news and they are thankfully about half way to the amount ...
    R.I.P Sam, still in my heart
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Just tried to donate and the site wouldnt take it....told me to try later, which I will , but how many may not?
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I've put it on my facebook page too. I hope that they reach their target in time. I wonder if Martin would be able to make this a sticky or place in a prominent part of the site so donations could be made. Every little bit helps towards the fund.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • mattytun
    mattytun Posts: 13,920 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Xmas Saver! Savvy Shopper! Energy Saving Champion
    I donated £2 with pay-pal..yesterday:beer:;)
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd :cool:
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Just re visited the site, and managed to donate £1 for every one of my thankfully healthy children, and a bit extra. I really hope they achieve the goal.
  • hezza86
    hezza86 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey folks,

I believe the site has been having a few problems with the volume of traffic on it since Sophie was on the news.
    I work beside Sophie's auntie and they are overwhelmed at the generousity of strangers to sophie's appeal, i believe they now have enough to get her to america and start the treatment, they are not quite at the 500,000 but the fund is into the 400,000 as of this morning,
    Just wanted to let you all know.

Heather x
  • hezza86 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I believe the site has been having a few problems with the volume of traffic on it since Sophie was on the news.
    I work beside Sophie's auntie and they are overwhelmed at the generousity of strangers to sophie's appeal, i believe they now have enough to get her to america and start the treatment, they are not quite at the 500,000 but the fund is into the 400,000 as of this morning,
    Just wanted to let you all know.

Heather x

Just been on the just giving website and this is what it says at the top of the just giving page:

Raised so far: £350,000.00

At the bottom of their website it says:

Total raised online:£146,332.00 Offline donations:£1,710.00 Gift Aid plus supplement:£35,629.28
    When dealing with the CSA its important to note that it is commonly accepted as unfit for purpose, and by default this also means the staff are unfit for purpose.
  • hezza86
    hezza86 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thats because the website unfortunatly isnt fully upto date as it isnt coping with the demand of the number of donations there's another page that shows the top fundraisers for sophie and that was the page that showed the figures i was looking it, when you go on today iv just been on and its at 440,000 so still amazing. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure