Double Refund at Waitrose

Options

Comments

• 3KIDSNOMONEY
    Options
    when i bought some cod from Asda it had a live worm in it. i took it back and all i got was my money back.

as others have said i think that this is fairly common with cod.
    now mum of 4!!!
  • alex-cruxon
    Options
    better than finding half a worm lol
  • Most if not all species of fish have intestinal worms, they're just natural parasites living in the gut, pretty unappetising if it hasn't been cleaned out properly and you do find one though I imagine :eek:
  • Princess_Coupon
    Options
    After finishing eating homemade cod and chips (many years ago when I was about 10) my mother announced to us all that one of us had eaten a worm:eek:, when putting it in the pan she saw it pop out then go back in one of the bits, well she couldn't find it so she claimed to have just mixed them all up so it was pot luck who got it, we were all quite sure it would have been one of us and not her though:rotfl:.
    She said it was long thin and red:eek::eek:, I can though confirm none of us died.
    AKA: PC

Rest in Peace Fred the Maddest Muppet in Heaven :heart:
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done Waitrose, both for recording it and following it up.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • kiwimama
    kiwimama Posts: 369 Forumite
    Options
    Wow that is really good service, love the follow up / vouchers, thumbs up for Waitrose.
  • chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Options
    When something like this occurs, retailers fall over themselves to 'do the right thing' by the customer, since they really don't want you to do what you should do, which is report it to the local environmental health authority which causes them no end of hassle.
  • Scubabe
    Scubabe Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    That's fantastic customer service, Waitrose certainly have that covered!
  • theladsmum
    Options
    Ask for fish and chips "up north" and it is almost always haddock, for a reason.....
  • durham_girl
    durham_girl Posts: 2,715 Forumite
    Options
    theladsmum wrote: »
    Ask for fish and chips "up north" and it is almost always haddock, for a reason.....

How far North? Everywhere in my neck of the woods mainly sells cod or even pollack now.
    :j30/7/10:j

:j24/1/14 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family