Can Talk Talk extend my contract if my partner approves it?

Options
2»

Comments

• DS-2
    DS-2 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    11.3.1 of TalkTalk terms and conditions suggests they use debt collection agents to support their activities. It does not say, or reserve the right, to sell the customer's data (or debt) to a third party.

The debt is still owned by TalkTalk otherwise they are in breach of both the DPA and the contract that they say they have with the OP.

A quick scan through the T&C's suggests to me that TalkTalk do not have a right to sell the debt onwards and in fact the T&C's preclude it. The debt accrues from the contract, it therefore follows that the right to the payment of the debt accrues from contractual clauses. So it appears that TalkTalk still own the debt, though they have a right to use debt collectors.

15.9 Except in the case of any permitted assignment of the Contract, a person who is not a party to the Contract has no rights
    under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise to enforce any clause of the Contract.
  • DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Options
    Make your partner pay?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • amilotte
    amilotte Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Amazing how they allow your OH to sign up to the contract on your behalf but wouldn't allow mine to simply chase a fault :rolleyes:.

Have you checked all the dates on your letters.... my second bill gave me the 12th Oct to pay by but I then received a final demand AND it was passed to the debt collectors by the 9th October. :mad: Worth double checking it was all done withing the proper time scales.
    :jThanks to everyone who post competitions/freebies :j
    Started comping June 2011 and wins/freebies so far are..
    JLS cd Tabasco sauce Toothpaste Simple eye corrector pen Armarni Sport Code Bio effect serum Charles Worthington hair straightening kit Lancome mascara Rimmel mascara £50 gift card Breakfast Cereal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure