HMV internet order problem ?

Options
missionman
missionman Posts: 87 Forumite
edited 29 October 2009 at 8:44PM in Consumer rights
Hello, I ordered a PS3 game from HMV advertised at £6.99 which seemed a good price. I then received an e-mail stating that this game is no longer made and they are unable to supply. I checked again on their website and it is still offered and says in stock, only now the price is £17.99 !! Had they said in their e-mail that they had made a mistake that would be ok but I don't like the idea of being lied to. I have sent two e-mails so far and had no response. Any thoughts ?? thanks

Comments

• vicshippers
    Options
    Spend your time thinking about something else - the sale price on the website is an offer to sell, it's not a contract of sale until they accept by shipping the item.

You have not lost anything therefore they don't have to do anything.
  • missionman
    Options
    Spend your time thinking about something else - the sale price on the website is an offer to sell, it's not a contract of sale until they accept by shipping the item.

You have not lost anything therefore they don't have to do anything.

Hello, That would be my normal response, however it is the reason they gave for not supplying the goods, a blatent lie, that I find annoying and their lack of response to my e-mails. I have in the past spent a lot of money with them and expect some kind of customer service. Thanks for reading
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure