Macgirl's "Stop Procrastinating and Get on with it" Diary

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ooh, lots of things happening at yours then! I confess I am lacking enthusiasm for anything today, although I have said we will go visiting family this evening as they are having a halloween party, and the kids are looking forward to it......
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    i've went into town today, and tried to do some chrissy shopping but it was a total waste of time! the shops were useless and i just lacked motivation. No halloween party tonight but we are having a belated dvd rental and takeaway for OH's birthday rather than going to the cinema and a resturaunt
  • macgirl
    macgirl Posts: 5,091 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well I'm back...

Finished the ironing, but had no energy for the windows though, so that'll wait til tomorrow if it's fine.

Swimming lesson went well and met with my (very rich) friend which was nice.
    We were discussing a mutual friend's 40th present, she piped up "How much shall we put in? About £40 each?" :eek:
    I said £20 but felt really tight - even though I know that's too much.

Told her we were on our way to Ikea to look at kids bedroom furniture and she pulled a face. So did I when I was in there.
    DH chided me that I need to stop thinking our house needs to look like it's in a magazine (it doesn't) and buy what we can afford that will do the job.

We planned a take away tonight instead of going out for our Anniversary, but I've made fishcakes and if we all don't eat them today they'll have to go in the bin.
    So I suggested we even leave the take away!

I really feel like I've have changed dramatically in the last week, and I am happy about that, but am mourning the loss of my old self. :(

Have a nice evening both of you :)
  • macgirl
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

WoooHoooo!!!! Just won £85 on Bingo - and £10 last night!!!! Yippee

Happy November Everyone, mac xx
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Wow - that is fantastic!!!! Well done you :T
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • macgirl
    Thank you! Though it has gone to my head already.
    Just spent £5 of my hard earned bonus on BB and won another tenner!!:j
    Then got carried away and spent another £2 - of my winnings - arghhhhh!!!!

So now I'm on £8 and can only deposit in multiples of £5 - Doh! :wall:
  • macgirl
    OK Everyone is making new month resolutions being the first of the month, and as it's something I always do mentally, I'll have to get into the habit of writing it in my diary.
    (I like this :D)
    • Have as many NSD's as Christmas Shopping will allow
    • TRY to cut out junk, as I only have another 5lbs to reach my 10weeks/10lbs target - this is wk 6
    • Reduce grocery spend and throw remainder at debts
    • Start running again - at least twice a week
    • Begin decluttering and emptying attic in prep for conversion into kids new bedroom
      • Sign up for another 7 weeks of yoga. £5 a week is not so MSE, but essential to keep mind & body together

Think that'll do to get me started. DD's ballet exam today, but that has already been paid for, then to a kids party.
      Present bought in Asda's toy sale and card was cheap in a bundle when a lovely card shop near me closed down. So all in all, good :money:!
    • Hi just to say well done.x
    • se999
      se999 Posts: 2,409 Forumite
      Hi,

Just found your diary. Well done on the 5lbs.

I'm trying to have more NSD's at the moment too.
    • macgirl
      Thanks BTD! Hope you're doing ok

Just got off the phone to Virgin CC. The guy went through the usual security checks, then started the sales patter about PPI.
      I gave my usual response, pretending I was already covered. But since then it has been bothering me...

What would I do? :confused: I have a lot of debt and although the mortgage would be covered - as it's in my name - my mountainous debt would not.

This has only strengthened my resolve to get these debts paid off. Overdraft is top priority and I want that gone ASAP.

Watch this space ;)
    This discussion has been closed.
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
    • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
    • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
    • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
    • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
    • 173K Life & Family
    • 247.8K Travel & Transport