IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Council issued PCN

Options
Last month I received a PCN from Glasgow City Council which stated that I had parked without clearly displaying a valid Pay and Display voucher - I had a parking permit displayed on the dashboard in the same place I always put them.
I sent off an appeal letter that day stating that I had use of a permit. Last week I received a reply from the council addressed to myself but about a different car registration and PCN number. Again I wrote off saying that I don't own that car and never have.
This morning, I've received a notice to owner from the council basically telling me I have run out of time to pay the reduced fee for my car but again quoting another different PCN number? I plan to appeal again anyway since I had a parking permit, but doest the fact that they each time they have written, the PCN number is wrong add any weight to this?

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    Options
    It certainly should. Hopefully those more conversant with Scots law will be along soon, if not try Pepipoo.com as this could be a complex one.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    doobiedeb wrote: »
    Last month I received a PCN from Glasgow City Council which stated that I had parked without clearly displaying a valid Pay and Display voucher - I had a parking permit displayed on the dashboard in the same place I always put them.
    I sent off an appeal letter that day stating that I had use of a permit. Last week I received a reply from the council addressed to myself but about a different car registration and PCN number. Again I wrote off saying that I don't own that car and never have.
    This morning, I've received a notice to owner from the council basically telling me I have run out of time to pay the reduced fee for my car but again quoting another different PCN number? I plan to appeal again anyway since I had a parking permit, but doest the fact that they each time they have written, the PCN number is wrong add any weight to this?

Not making sense without seeing the docs. Go to a better forum as advised.

You didn't mention wrong VRM for the NtO? Correct or wrong again?
  • doobiedeb
    Options
    Neil_B wrote: »
    Not making sense without seeing the docs. Go to a better forum as advised.

You didn't mention wrong VRM for the NtO? Correct or wrong again?
    Sorry, I can't scan the docs. The Nto has the correct VRM but a 2nd different PCN number. Thanks for replies anyway
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Do you not know someone with a digital camera or a mobile with a camera? If you do put it on close setting, host the pics on tinypic, take the url they give and post it on here with a gap between http:// and the writing. I know they say a picture is worth a thousand words but in these cases is really is. Photo BOTH sides (assuming its not blank) of all paperwork received.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure