Debt Relief Order - PS Im New!!!

Options
Hey Everyone,

I am currently in the process of applying for a debt relief order through the CCCS. The problem is I had been admitted to hospital this year for 15 weeks, when I came out, several of my accounts had defaulted and I have had my hours cut at work so I am struggling to pay the debt recovery firms involved.

My query is if I have a debt relief order granted and say I get another job which pays alot more a month what will happen to the debt relief order? Secondly will I not be able to ever get a mortgage etc in the future? At the moment I am earning around £340 after tax and the job I am hoping to get I will be earning more then a £1,000 a month after tax.

Thank you very much,

Ben x

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,696 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    If your income increases while on a DRO, you must inform the DRO Unit. If your 'surplus income' goes over £50 per month then the order is revoked and the fee lost.

An increase in earnings may also mean a reduction in benefits so we can't really comment on whether your new job will mean you lose the DRO. But your Approved Intermediary will have all the figures and will be able to advise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure