Car Insurance Help

Options
I have 6 points on my licence and have been reccommended Frames Insurance. They have given me a very competitive quote and I am considering changing to them. I do have some reservations however as I have never heard of them previously and was wondering if anybody has ever had any dealings with them? Many Thanks

Comments

• Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Options
    Never heard of them either but they apear to be an intermediary rather than an insurer (so probably a broker).

They should tell you who the actual policy will be with (Norwich Union, NIG, Highway etc)
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • mele_2
    mele_2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Many thanks
  • davebrown
    davebrown Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Hi mele,

I recently was reissued my entitlement to drive after a 15 month ban :( and also my wife had just past her test so so was dreading what insurance quotes I'd get. Most other quotes I'd received for her and myself on the same car were so varied and honestly ridulous ranging from 400 to 2500 but I also had been recommended frames so got a quote from them and am extremely happy with the response I got. All other quotes I d had being 3rd party F&T were expensive, frames got me a quote which undercut them a long way and was fully comp for me and my missus. They are indeed brokers, the insurers themselves on my particular policy are Ensign (something to do with QBE insurance/europe) I believe.

So from my experience so far I definately recommend them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure