PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How long for a Building survey

Options
Hello,

How long should it take to complete a full buildings survey on a 3 bed cottage built c1850, with barn and outbuildings ? All buildings require renovation.

Thanks,

Roy

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    At least an hour? It varies between houses and surveyors. I had a surveyor who was telling me about people making him lunch in a big house he was surveying!
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • Milliewilly
    Milliewilly Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    Options
    My now lost buyers had a full building survey on mine last week (200 year old house). He took 4 hours.
  • Roy69
    Roy69 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the replys.

I was expecting it to take half a day but the surveyor said around an hour. the surveyor arrived at 3.45 and stayed for an hour and a half, maybe a bit longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure