»

All rail discounts listed in one (two) place

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

All rail discounts listed in one (two) place

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Motoring
14 replies 36.3K views
MSE_MartinMSE_Martin Money Saving ExpertMoneySaving Expert
8.3K posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Motoring
All rail discounts in two stop shop

Rather pleasingly between the two National Rail pages below, all the current rail discounts and promotions compiled and it's a great place to start looking for cheap tickets. They include offers for cheap travel as well as cheap entry to attractions and events around the country.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/promotions/alpha_index.html

and

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/promotions/toc_index.html
threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Replies

• jctjct Forumite
    10 posts
    Er...There are no links. Running Firefox, will try IE
  • cowbuttcowbutt Forumite
    398 posts
    MSE_Martin wrote:
    All rail discounts in two stop shop

Make that three: http://www.megatrain.com/.
  • pchelpmanpchelpman Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    jct wrote:
    Er...There are no links. Running Firefox, will try IE
    All 3 links listed so far in this thread work for me in Firefox.
  • cher_johncher_john Forumite
    38 posts
    Hi, this link enables you to download a voucher for half price train tickets from Southwest Trains.

https://www.halfpricetraintickets.co.uk limited number available.
  • tigerragtigerrag Forumite
    3 posts
    I'm using IE and the two links are missing.

Can someone please copy and post them?

Any one know why they are not apparent to some and are to others?

Thanks
  • aavaav Forumite
    189 posts
    cher_john wrote:
    Hi, this link enables you to download a voucher for half price train tickets from Southwest Trains.

https://www.halfpricetraintickets.co.uk limited number available.

Everytime I try and download the voucher it says the page could not be displayed. I have tried it on two different computers and it still does not work. Can someone help me. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • fannyadamsfannyadams Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Martin
    the links in your OP are missing.
    Everyone elses in their posts are present and correct - although i haven't tried them.
    thanks
    just in case you need to know:
    HWTHMBO - He Who Thinks He Must Be Obeyed
    DS#1 - my teenaged son
    DS#2 - my other teenaged son
    Barkin Things - my two retired greyhounds
  • Don't know if anyone has found this yet but I have just bought £12 rail tickets from Swansea to London one way on First Great Western. Don't know what other stations they are from but I'm positive they aren't just from here.
    They aren't advertised on the website, you can't buy them from your local train station but if you ring 08457 000 125 (think it's a foreign callcentre) ask for the £12 tickets specifically and hang on for ages, you'll get your tickets but don't dare upset them as they'll shout at you! :eek: I needed 2 sets of tickets for June and July and got them. :j You need to press button 2 then button 4 but if you just ignore the button 4 you'll be put through quicker (I did anyway!) The first lot took 5 hours hanging on then redialling, the second 3 mins! Good luck!
  • Kiwi_gKiwi_g Forumite
    18 posts
    Went to London yesterday on SouthEastern Trains (Govia ?) and purchased 4 day return tickets for the price of 2. Apparently, this offer is available 7 days a week. I’ve looked on all the web sites but cannot find this offer.

Only 3 of us travelled but it was still a saving. Does anyone know if 3 travelling on this offer is against the T&C’s?
  • pompeyrichpompeyrich Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kiwi_g wrote:
    Went to London yesterday on SouthEastern Trains (Govia ?) and purchased 4 day return tickets for the price of 2. Apparently, this offer is available 7 days a week. I’ve looked on all the web sites but cannot find this offer.

Only 3 of us travelled but it was still a saving. Does anyone know if 3 travelling on this offer is against the T&C’s?

This promotion goes under the name of "group save", and is valid for 3 or 4 people travelling together, it doesnt seem to be widely publicised, which seems a bit stupid as I'm sure people would use trains more if they knew about it. It seems to be mainly in the south, SW Trains and Southern certainly offer the deal as do SE Trains from your experience.
    Here is a link to the Southern webpage detailing the offer probably best to check with your local train company in case there are different restrictions in your area.