Made redundant twice in 2 month how to stay motivated?

Options
I worked for my old employer for ten years before they made me redundant after ten years in August. I took a few weeks out before finding work with another company but after 2 weeks they laid me off after losing a big contract.
I brushed off my 1st redundancy and did not take it personally as our whole departmant was made redundant, but this time I have taken it rather personally and my confidence has taken a knock.

Any tips on how to stay motivated? I am currently trying to update my cv but procrastination is hampering my attempts:mad:

Comments

• jazzyman01
    Options
    It really is a case of its not you, its the current situation. Your job was made redundant - you just happened to be the job holder.

You managed to find a job very quickly after your first redundancy - good for you.

When reviewing your CV keep it generic. Then tailor it to the job that you are applying for. Usually best to write everything down, then par it back to a punchy but accurate CV.

Good luck
  • Cherry1
    Cherry1 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Finding a job is a job in itself so make sure you keep in a routine of waking up early, getting dressed and ready for the day. Perhaps keeping up with publications/journals in your chosen field would help and you'd still feel connected to the work world rather than as a temporary outsider.
    Isolating yourself if you have a bad day usually doesn't help so keep purpose in your life with errands and activities out of the house.

I found I was quick to slide and sidestep life after being made redundant. Maybe you could make a list of main reasons why you want to work and keep that visible so it's a motivator.

As jazzyman01 said, it's not you, it's the situation.

Best of luck.
    :D Thank you to all who contribute to all of this super site:smileyhea !
  • 1984ReturnsForReal_2
    Options
    There is another thread on here about people getting made redundant on a few occassions.

Unfortunately its very common in an economic climate like this.

Its especially common for people like yourself who have been employed by one company for years because they tend to take the first thing available.

However the first thing available tends to be a position vacant becuase someone else jumped from a sinkng ship.

Chin up..
    Not Again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family