CSL Sofa company

Options
Don`t buy anything from these, beware you have been warned.
I ignored similar plea`s when we bought our suite from them but those warnings have returned to haunt us.
Two years ago we purchased a suite around this time and was virtually pushed into buying their insurance which covered the suite for a further five years. The padding has since lost it`s cushioning, the leather has faded terribly and the stitching from where the backing meets the seating area has torn into bits. We recently contacted CSL only for them to tell us we are not covered for that sort of wear and tear just accidental damage.
To cut a long story short, the suite`s are rubbish and are made to look great and last for about wo years well after the guarantee has ran out.
Beware you have been warned.

Comments

• TEDDYRUKSPIN
    TEDDYRUKSPIN Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for telling us. Similar experience with DFS. Purchased a 2 set leather suite from them. Sold us insurance for £118 as was told it would cover everything like above. 2 years down the line, padding has also gone and some scuff marks on leather suite. Was told by the sale person that they would come out and just add cushioning and even replace the leather suite section. Part of the insurance as well.

Lesson of my life. Don't purchase from them and don't get the insurance.

Just to also tell you from others experience, if you are on the 4 years free credit, make sure you pay off the suite before the deadline date!
    Motto: 'If you don't ask, you don't get!!'

Remember to say thank you to people who help you out!

Also, thank you to people who help me out.
  • jeff_chandler
    Options
    My friends Daughter worked for CSL but got fed up of having to tell repeated lies. She now works for another well known store whom she tells us work in exactly the same way. As for the insurance they sell, it aint worth the paper it`s written on. They sell over priced suites etc when they say they are in a sale, they are are the same price even out of sale so don`t be convinced by that. My wife and I bought a leather suite from a local store twelve years ago and it still looks as knew. We did have one problem with it when the lining beneath began to tear, they came out and sorted it there and then without fuss. All CSL are after is your money, they dont care about you once its gone passed it`s twelve months guarantee with or without an extra five year guarantee.
    jeff
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport