Reduncy hell

Options
I have been made redundent once in 2 years and since then my following two positions have been under threat. I am reall worried at this time as I have no back up plan if it all goes wrong and I know how scarce jobs are at the moment. Please can anyone help me.

Comments

• Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Post reported.

OP be careful as I think the above post breaks forum rules. The service offered may help you, but make sure you check it out carefully.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • LeeSouthEast
    LeeSouthEast Posts: 3,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It probably breaks the rules, but the advice is still in general, sound. You may even already have such protection with your mortgage anyway?

6 months ago I thought the job I had was solid as houses. Turns out the entire organisation virtually is on notice (not officially, but warning emails have gone round). Nowhere is safe. Just batten down the hatches, cut your outgoings to the bone, and save up 2 months of expenses urgently. Once you have that in place, start paying off your debts as quickly as you can. Even if you only kill one or two it'll put you in a better position.
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • Queen-Bee_2
    Options
    I have a policy like this by Paymentshield. I was made redundant in July, and it kicked in after a month. It's a good company, not quibbles and has def. saved my bacon as far as the mortgage is concerned.
    QB
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    Both the first two posts are by someone posting for the first time - the second is clearly an advert, and posted only 9 mins after the first one. Makes me wonder if they are the same person, giving them an opportunity to post their advert?
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • LeeSouthEast
    LeeSouthEast Posts: 3,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well spotted.
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business