90 days Notice at my old rate of pay

Options
I have been off from work since 2002 with lung disease, yes thats 7 years, i have had no contact from my employer until this year apart from receiving my p60 each year until 2007, i did not receive it in 2008 or 2009, in May of this year 2009 i contacted a solicitor regarding my employer not responding to my request for my p60, he contacted the firm and told them that we would be pursuing all my unpaid holiday pay going back until 2002 as with the ECJ judgment this year, the firm have now finished me giving me 90 days notice they have stated that this will be paid at my rate of pay in 2002, the holiday pay part will be sorted in court next week.

any thoughts?

Comments

• Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have they been paying you for 7 years? if so I am floored they haven't terminated your contract on ill health grounds before now.
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    goodier100 wrote: »
    I have been off from work since 2002 with lung disease, yes thats 7 years, i have had no contact from my employer until this year apart from receiving my p60 each year until 2007, i did not receive it in 2008 or 2009, in May of this year 2009 i contacted a solicitor regarding my employer not responding to my request for my p60, he contacted the firm and told them that we would be pursuing all my unpaid holiday pay going back until 2002 as with the ECJ judgment this year, the firm have now finished me giving me 90 days notice they have stated that this will be paid at my rate of pay in 2002, the holiday pay part will be sorted in court next week.

any thoughts?
    What have they been paying you all these years?
    If you haven't actually worked since 2002, I don't see why you should be paid at any rate other than what your rate was then - unless you are in a unionised environment and have a payband assigned where there have been annual increments.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure