We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Voluntary Redundancy whilst on Maternity Leave

Hi can anyone give me the correct answer.

I have been on maternity leave since July 2009 and I am due back to work in April 2010. My company are offering Voluntary Redunancies and I am going to apply for it. Is what I need to know is do my company still have to pay me my SMP up until April 2010?? I have searched the web and I can't find the answer anywhere. My company seem to think they don't pay it and i should get it from somewhere else, but I have been told that they do but need to be 100% sure before i go back to them. Can any one point me in the right direction of how i would find out for deffinate??
Many Thanks xxx

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.