omen666 Posts: 2,206
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    must think we are all !!!!!!! stupid
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, my name is Viking. I didn't have my teeth whitened today and no-one really gives a monkeys. But I have learnt how to type in one long paragraph and sound super-smashing-and jolly all because I didn't have my teeth whitened. My wife said to me today: "Wow! Viking. Your teeth look really normal coloured." I was over the moon that she noticed that absolutely nothing had changed and just because of that I'm going out to treat myself to a celebratory kebab. Maybe by tomorrow reality will hit me and I'll learn to use paragraphs?!
    The man without a signature.
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,072
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    vikingaero wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Viking. I didn't have my teeth whitened today and no-one really gives a monkeys. But I have learnt how to type in one long paragraph and sound super-smashing-and jolly all because I didn't have my teeth whitened. My wife said to me today: "Wow! Viking. Your teeth look really normal coloured." I was over the moon that she noticed that absolutely nothing had changed and just because of that I'm going out to treat myself to a celebratory kebab. Maybe by tomorrow reality will hit me and I'll learn to use paragraphs?!

The most perceptive and sensible post in this thread! :rotfl:
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • Ainara
    Ainara Posts: 1 Newbie
    Do you know your staff in teeth whitening? Smile Xpress Westfield actually use clorine dioxide, which is an acid to clean swimming pools, etc. Using this will make your enamel weeker and there is been a lot of bad reviews in the press in recent years, mainly regarding a company called Smile Spa that has now ceased trading.

Allways go for hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide for teeth whitening, this is what dentists use. Allways ask beforehand what will they use on you.
    The price may sound tempting but you should be more careful about not damaging your teeth and if you go for whitening make sure they use the right staff on you.
  • Im a British registered Dental Hygienist and if i turned up at a shopping centre with my stall i could be struck off for illegal practice of Dentistry !!! This is despite over 20yrs in the Profession and a current registration with the British Dental society and more than adequate indemnity insurance.
    The current regulations are there to protect the public NOT to ensure that dentist charge over the odds for surgery whitening .
    Did they check your tongue or gums for lesions ??? Did they look for decay??? Do you realise that caps/ crowns are made to match the shade of your teeth pre bleaching???? so you save money on bleaching but it costs you thousands of pounds to replace all the crowns/ caps that no longer match.
    Was the equipment sterile ??? DID THE PREVIOUS GUY IN THE CHAIR HAVE HEPATITIS??? Did the "Bleaching Technician" was her hands after her sandwich ???
    Where do they get rid of their clinical waste???
    Hey next week its laser eye surgery .....and so on ......
  • rl290
    rl290 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Wow, lots of advertising going on in this thread by several one-post wonders... suffice it to say that this company, or its employees are dodgy. If they weren't, then they would be trying to help the original poster and registering the fact that they work for the company with a forum moderator. Instead, they spam !!!! about how great the service is.

It's not. Avoid this company.
  • nico26
    nico26 Posts: 823 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2010 at 5:10AM
    Beats me why people want to go and put all this stuff on there teeth. Bright white teeth look so false. As said before teeth are meant to be ivory.
  • NoLogic
    NoLogic Posts: 132 Forumite
    My God.
    (This may be stating the obvious for most of you, but there are some people who aren't as aware of scams, so I just want to ensure they aren't caught out)

Most, if not all of the posts on this thread by people with 1 post in their history (Check the left, just under their name), are from Smile Xpress, who have registered to try to save their company name. If they are googling it and going to those lengths to lie about it, rather than just saying who they are in the first place and offering the Original Poster a fix up or refund, then do you honestly trust them with your teeth?
    Thank you OP for bringing it to everyones attention.
    Smile xpress - !!!! off, there's no point, we're not stupid and know it's you.

Debt so far: Natwest Overdraft -
    [STRIKE]£1250[/STRIKE] £0, Barclays Overdraft - £1500
    , Abbey Overdraft -
    [STRIKE]£750[/STRIKE] £0, Car finance - £3000 :(

• NoLogic
    NoLogic Posts: 132 Forumite
    hi, i heard about smile express through a friend who had her teeth whitened there a month ago, she came out with fantastic results instantly, the company were offering a free top up to those who recommended two people, so she recomened me..! i recently had the treatment done, and would like to say i was fully satisfied with the service as well as the results. not only did they make it perfectly clear that it works differently on every one, they also told me from the start i may experiance slight sensitivity.. i didnt however experiance any sensitivity.. i went up 7 shades and can not stress how satisfied i am..! i would recommend any one to go there as they do carry out checks about your health and your last dentist appointment etc, so it seems as though they are looking out for our best interest. if they were a cowboy company as a few people are saying, then im sure they wouldnt be in westfield ( one of the biggets shopping centres in england!)
    i did carry out a bit of research before i had the treatment done, and yes there are dentists carrying out the same sort of whitening for £399 which was a home kit to do your self or pay £499 and get it done in an hour using the light. and to be honest im glad i didnt pay 4x as much to get the same thing done!
    i will deffinatley be returning there or recommending 2 people to claim my free top up! you should too!
    TaraGee wrote: »
    I had mine done at Westfields for £99. The process was to have four 15 min applications (usually three will do it) but I got almost to the end of the third session before I had to pull out due to extreme sensitivity on my lower tooth which has always given me trouble. Feels like a cavity pain but I'm told by my dentist it's just senitivity. In heindsight I should have told the people at SmileXpress that cos they said they could have covered it but that's what I was afraid of. What's the point of having white teeth and the one covered, still discoloured, so I said nothing. My God, the pain was terrible and the lady looking after me said she had experienced the same thing in only one tooth and the follow up was worse- hey at least she's honest. I'm looking at the results right now and I'm so pleased. I went with my cousin who decided not to have it done. Before the treatment she had whiter teeth than me and now even she is amazed and said I look like Simon Cowell..GREAT as far as I'm concerned! I'm defo going for the top up session but gonna get that one tooth covered. Bought some Sensodine which should help too. I know people are weiry about this treatment but I think it's down to the individual, every time we step out the door it's a risk so my outlook is 'so what'? it's my teeth and they're white which is the result I wanted at a price I could afford. they do the same thing as the dentist but the dentist asks for stupid quids just because they 'can'. I'm a heavy smoker and at the moment I'm wearing the strongest nicorette patch which I'm gonna try and do for the next 48 hours. I'm sure this doesn't work for some people because of the makeup of different people's teeth and whatnot but mine took really well and I can't stay away from the mirror. Can't wait till my other half comes home so he can see the difference. I felt so good, I went and bought a sexy pair of going out shoes. :-D
    TaraGee wrote: »
    I find that so **ing offensive. I get this everywhere. It seems if you give a good review and speak decent English, people say it's too good to be true and lable you as working for the company I'm reviewing. Well in that case I have a helluva lotta jobs and must be extreamly rich. No dear I don't work for them and the last time I looked none of the workers were even my colour!! so no one can even say someone there looks like me. I don't find that a fantastic career choice for me personally. Jesus Christ, I can't believe you're getting nasty over teeth bleaching - pathetic! and further more, don't you think it more lucrative to drum up business using media angles rather than writing here? Grow up and stop being so damned paranoid. I can't speak for others on this site whether this is what they do to fool the masses then that's their business, but don't get my name involved in your mixed up foolishness.

Just to highlight who is likely involved with that company. And got a cob on because it's not fooling any of us. :rotfl:

Debt so far: Natwest Overdraft -
    [STRIKE]£1250[/STRIKE] £0, Barclays Overdraft - £1500
    , Abbey Overdraft -
    [STRIKE]£750[/STRIKE] £0, Car finance - £3000 :(

• chomsky_2
    chomsky_2 Posts: 104 Forumite
    Don't worry, i'm sure most people are not fooled by the one post wonder spammers in this thread, don't they realise how bloody obvious they are. Jeez!

I got stopped in a shopping centre by one of these booths and they tried to give me the hard sell. Not sure if it was smile xpress but a very similar company if not. The sales woman gabbed on about the special whitening chemicals they use that apparently dentists fo not have access too and how the whitening is not carried out by "beauty therapists" but in fact "qualified dental nurses". Without meaning to offend (dental nurses if you're reading please correct me if i'm wrong) I am pretty sure dental nurses aren't qualified to carry out whitening in a dentist's surgery let alone in a stall in a shopping centre! How is it these people are allowed to do business?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure