New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Debt Free- Woohoo!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
36 replies 8.4K views
josephine82josephine82 Forumite
359 posts
Debt-free and Proud!
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
Today I am debt free! :j:j:j:j:j:j:j

When I joined this site in April I had 2 debts amounting to £3264.76. :eek:
One was a loan, and one was the outstanding finance on my car.

Anyway I'm glad to say that as of today I am now debt free. I am amazed at how much I have saved over the past 5/6 months to put towards my debt. About £900 of this was a small payment from my inheritance, which I am really thankful for. The rest of my inheritance is now in a locked account and I'm now going to be saving the £300 that I was saving before, plus the £80 HP payment every month, towards a deposit for a house.

It feels amazing that I now have no debts, and that i can start seeing my house deposit grow and grow. I am also on a mission to cut my budget even further, to finish the month with money in my account to go into savings. My finances are so well organised, budget for everything and anything and so I'm really hoping to save as much as possible and buy a house as soon as possible!

Next step is to request my credit reports as I havent done that for about a year, to check everything there is sorted- should be, and close any old accounts. I want my credit rating to be as perfect as possible when I apply for a mortgage!

Thanks for all your help and advice!

Josephine x
Debt Free as of 2nd October 2009 :T

Replies