Shared ownership- Red Ownership Ltd

Options
Has anyone heard of this company. I have been approached to invest in property ie they buy it and I buy a percentage from them. I am then guarenteed a good return and they will buy me out whenever I want. Who are these people. I have tried to contact them but they seem to work from a virtual office in Canary Wharf. Do they have any big backers?Thanks for any views

Comments

• donglemouse
    donglemouse Posts: 2,652 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    if they are uk registered company you can get details here http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/

if they have filed annual accounts you can order them online for a couple of quid and the annual return should also be available which will list the shareholders/directors
  • sanstef
    Options
    I too have been approaced by this company, they are not a registered company with the FSA, i.e. advertising FSA COMPLIANT and in there application form there is no mention of the "Guarantee of your capital" they are advertising
  • donglemouse
    donglemouse Posts: 2,652 Forumite
    Options
    guys if it helps you a company called red ownership does show on the register of companies but it was only created in march 2009, so is too new to have filed any accounts

the registered address is
    35 GREAT MARLBOROUGH STREET
    LONDON
    W1F 7JF
  • tek-monkey
    tek-monkey Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like a plan, sell 20% of a house to 50 different people then go bankrupt. Apparently I'm cynical!
  • Mickyfinn
    Options
    RED or Real Estate Derivatives is an investment opportunity with guaranteed returns. It is based on overseas properties which are purchased in shares. It focuses two important investment principles - compounding and leverage.

Robert Witton (Times Rich List - £82m) has a major shareholding and helped set it up. He does investments for Simon Cowell among other famous clients.

There are major companies behind this opportunity but information is limited until its official launch at the end of November.

Bill Clinton was the guest of honour at their recent charity gala which was to be their official launch but this was delayed after a change in management.

Article in Daily Mail
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1222708/A-charity-gala-Bill-Clinton-Red-faces-Park-Lane-Hilton.html

Phil

FYI To let you know where I stand. I'm an Alliance Partner for Red and therefore have an interest in this topic as it is a product I will offer to my clients in December.
    Property Consultant
    Birmingham, London, Brighton.
  • scooter100_2
    Options
    Mickyfinn wrote: »
    RED or Real Estate Derivatives is an investment opportunity with guaranteed returns. It is based on overseas properties which are purchased in shares. It focuses two important investment principles - compounding and leverage.

Robert Witton (Times Rich List - £82m) has a major shareholding and helped set it up. He does investments for Simon Cowell among other famous clients.

There are major companies behind this opportunity but information is limited until its official launch at the end of November.

Bill Clinton was the guest of honour at their recent charity gala which was to be their official launch but this was delayed after a change in management.

Article in Daily Mail
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1222708/A-charity-gala-Bill-Clinton-Red-faces-Park-Lane-Hilton.html

Phil

FYI To let you know where I stand. I'm an Alliance Partner for Red and therefore have an interest in this topic as it is a product I will offer to my clients in December.

Red orders audit after Dereham revelations

Property firm Red International Group has appointed a former director and a leading firm of solicitors to conduct an internal audit and review of its activities, after they were highlighted last week by Financial Mail.
    We reported that Christopher Dereham, deputy chairman of Red, which was marketed through independent advisers and property brokers, had been involved with failed companies and changed his name by deed poll from Derham some time ago.
    The company had also been sent cease and desist letters by Lloyd's, after using the insurance market's name in marketing literature, and investors were asking how Red had used their money.
    Last month, high-profile businessman Robert Whitton resigned as a director when he discovered Dereham's past and on Saturday, October 24, sent an email to IFAs and property brokers confirming he had stepped down.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/markets/article.html?in_article_id=492691&in_page_id=3
    -....-.---.---. ..... .- -.-.
    .--..-...-. -.-...--.-
  • candl
    Options
    Does anyone have Head Office phone numbers? The Lincoln office has closed suddenly (from the above postings, not surprising) and they owe us some money. Can't find a phone number anywhere for Head Office.:confused:
  • LongTermLurker
    Options
    Looks like Mickyfinn's evangelism may not go down too well if the latter posts are true...

My rules are simple: "if it looks too good to be true..." and "if I didn't contact them first, why did they contact me???"
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • Chadsman
    Chadsman Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Options
    IMHO if you need to ask for advice on a public forum about whether a company is legit you should not be investing with them regardless of the answer.
    God save the King!
    I'll save Winston Churchill, Jane Austen, J. M. W. Turner and Alan Turing.
  • Mickyfinn
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Only just read your updates. They are launching a product in the New Year. Candl if you need to take any money out please contact Mark Tomlinson on 0207 038 8702 who will assist you.

The Lincoln office was the old training centre. They are not using them for their training anymore.

Phil
    Property Consultant
    Birmingham, London, Brighton.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills