mbna ppi claim cheek!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
1 reply 1.2K views
oliviasmummyoliviasmummy Forumite
251 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
well I finally got round to phoning mbna and cancelling the payment protection (long story problems with phone and family have delayed this) anyway the guy tried to explain the benefits of the insurance and why I didnt want it to which I said I wouldnt benefit from it and was already protected anyway. He then went to on say that they have got feedback from customers and introduced a "new lifestyle part of the policy which means that if I were to get married/divorce buy a house or have a baby then i could claim on this insurance to get payments made to my account for 3months which I wouldnt have to pay back. I asked when this cam into play which he said was over 12months ago to which I answered thats great because i bought a house 3years ago got married 2years ago and had a baby last year and didnt receive a penny. Still cancelled it anyway but he said the ppi had been on there since the start and that it was taken out at application.

Now for the question, Im wanting to send my claim letter in to MBNA but I cannot remember whether I applied for the account online or whther ti was something issued to me through the post. Either way I doubt very much that I would have ticked for ppi on either application form. What response do I give if they say it was taken on the application form.

My reason for claiming is that I would have already had protection in place with my employment and that I was miss sold the policy I seem to remember a conversation about having to take it out because I wouldnt want my parents to pay my debts if anything happened to me(which I now know would not be the case) and I dont have ppi on anything else that I have so it must have been this. So not sure if I did application online or by post and then someone phoned me to see if I would take this out or "go through my application".

Just wanting to prepare myself incase they phone me when they receive my claim letter I dont want to dig myself out of claiming the money by saying the wrong thing. (im going to ask for all contact to be made in writing, not sure they have upto date numbers anyway)

any advise?!!!!!

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    well I finally got round to phoning mbna and cancelling the payment protection (long story problems with phone and family have delayed this) anyway the guy tried to explain the benefits of the insurance and why I didnt want it to which I said I wouldnt benefit from it and was already protected anyway. He then went to on say that they have got feedback from customers and introduced a "new lifestyle part of the policy which means that if I were to get married/divorce buy a house or have a baby then i could claim on this insurance to get payments made to my account for 3months which I wouldnt have to pay back. I asked when this cam into play which he said was over 12months ago to which I answered thats great because i bought a house 3years ago got married 2years ago and had a baby last year and didnt receive a penny. Still cancelled it anyway but he said the ppi had been on there since the start and that it was taken out at application.

Now for the question, Im wanting to send my claim letter in to MBNA but I cannot remember whether I applied for the account online or whther ti was something issued to me through the post. Either way I doubt very much that I would have ticked for ppi on either application form. What response do I give if they say it was taken on the application form.

My reason for claiming is that I would have already had protection in place with my employment and that I was miss sold the policy I seem to remember a conversation about having to take it out because I wouldnt want my parents to pay my debts if anything happened to me(which I now know would not be the case) and I dont have ppi on anything else that I have so it must have been this. So not sure if I did application online or by post and then someone phoned me to see if I would take this out or "go through my application".

Just wanting to prepare myself incase they phone me when they receive my claim letter I dont want to dig myself out of claiming the money by saying the wrong thing. (im going to ask for all contact to be made in writing, not sure they have upto date numbers anyway)

any advise?!!!!!

Hi there,

Maybe it would be a good idea to request a Subject Access Request (SAR), where they have 40 days to comply and send everything they still hold on you.

There is a charge of £10 cheque or postal order payment for this request, but maybe worth it - hopefully!

This may also enclose details of how you taken this out as wel.

For more on the SAR template letter here below, if you decide to want to SAR, post as well by recorded delivery - this is your proof of posting.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1475553

When it comes to reclaiming then check this link here below, you will find useful information and guidelines of reclaiming, with a check list of mis selling reasons and templates to help you through this, do not worry about writing in the amounts though.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Please ask for help on this if required, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals