Halifax One Card

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
3 replies 2.6K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
Hi,

I received my Halifax One Card this morning. I only applied because of the 9 months interest free period on balances and transfers.

The start date on my account is listed as the 19th March. I didn't get the card until the 29th so they are trying to take 10 days off me.

I have complained to a very nice person in customer relations who tells me that they must come back to me in 48 hours.

Also the interest rate quoted for after the 9 months is 12.9%. When I applied their website stated that a typical APR was 9.9%. I thought that I had A1 rating. It would be good if the regulator forced them to publish the actual percentage of customers who are defined as typical!

montymanchester :o

Replies

• bridiejbridiej Forumite
    5.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing to do is switch cards when the 9 months is up - that's what I plan to do if not paid off! ;D

I just pop in now and then.... :)
    transcribing
  • Yep the credit card shuffle and never pay interest. The best one I have is EGG. I have taken cash from them and it is sat in their savings account on line paying 4.75% before tax. So they are paying me interest on their money he he!

Its like money from home!

;D
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you just explain the dael with withdrawing cash,I assume you have to already have the 4.75% account with Egg prior to getting the 6months 0% deal??? ::)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support