Cinnys Spending Diary - Take 2

edited 3 November 2009 at 2:13PM in Debt free diaries
1.3K replies 35.1K views
Cinny91Cinny91 Forumite
6K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
edited 3 November 2009 at 2:13PM in Debt free diaries
Hey Everyone!

So I'm back in debt after a few impulse buys, very foolish and not MSE at all I know. You can all queue up to smack my wrists if you like - although I did use discount codes and vouchers if that redeems me at all?!

Anyways, my debt isn't all that massive. £229.95 on my Tesco CC (0% interest) but considering I can only afford to pay £25 - 30 off it a week it's going to take sometime!

Also, me and my boyfriend are going to start saving to move out. I can easily save £50 a week but need to knuckle down with extra money making ideas - Slice The Pie, Global Test Market, DooYoo ect. Seeing how I only work part time for the family company, I have plenty of time to do things like this.

My Targets:

[STRIKE]Clear Credit Card before XMas 2009[/STRIKE] Done!
Save 1k Before New Years

My Challenges:

[STRIKE]Dinahs Weight Challenge - Loose 1st before New Years.[/STRIKE] Quit :o
50 NSDs between Oct - Dec 09
[STRIKE]Make-up Pan Challenge[/STRIKE] Quit :o

Right, so here we go again!

**UPDATE 3rd NOV**

Updating with new Targets!

My New Targets:

£500 in Reg Savings
1.5k in ISA before my 19th (26th March)
£390 to pay my board for the first 1/4 of next Year

My New Challenges:

Voucher Stash for 2010 - Aiming for £350
Become a Top 10 Reviewer on BeautyJudge

Replies

• Hi Cinny,

Didn't know you had a diary! 'Seen' you on Dinah's thread though. How long does your Tesco 0% have to run? I'm sure you can pay off by Xmas, if paying £25 - £30 a week, that's around £100 a month, you'll do it no problem, I'm sure.

Or, why not pay off using savings then start afresh?!
  • Hi Cinny..slap wrist for spending:eek:

But good luck with paying it off and good luck with the job.

TPAx
    MFW - We've only gone and blooming done it!
    May 2013:j
  • edited 1 October 2009 at 8:02AM
    Cinny91Cinny91 Forumite
    6K Posts
    edited 1 October 2009 at 8:02AM
    Right, after much nail biting I've picked the 10 items for my '10 Pan Challenge'

I promise not to buy anymore make-up, skincare ect until I have used up the following 10 items:

1. Lancome Pressed Powder
    2. Botantics Tinted Moisturizer
    3. Benefit Bad Lash
    4. Benefit Erase Paste
    5. Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes
    6: DHC Cleansing Oil
    7. Tigi Bedhead Headshot Shampoo
    8. Alberto Balsam Conditioner
    9. FCUK Body Polish
    10. Soap and Glory - The Fab Pore

I'm hoping I'll of used this all up by Christmas, so I can bag some bargains on skincare and shampoo by getting reduced gift sets in the Boots sale

Swinstie - It's 0% until next June so I have plenty of time! Just want to get it paid off and start building up a good little egg in my current account, so I'm not running near £0 every week before payday.

TPA - Ouch! But thank you, I need you guys on here telling me off - My Mum and Sister just pester me to spend more 24/7!

Payday tomorrow, things aren't looking too shabby really. £25 ready to go off the Credit Card and £25 into savings. And £40 to last me the week after filling up my Vespa *should* leave me with about £70 in my CA.
    My boyfriend also owes me £50 from the £250 I lent him for the deposit on his new car and he's either transfering that to my bank account or giving it me in cash. Either way, I'm splitting it 50/50 half in savings, half on the credit card.
  • Flower08Flower08 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Ooh Cinny - you sound like you have a bit of a weakness for benefit make up! I love benefit make up, was very naughty the first time i got my student loan 3 years ago and bought loads of benefit stuff.

Im sure you will clear the CC very quickly - we all have faith, you can do it!
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss: 13 / 20 lb
  • wendz86wendz86 Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Nice to see the new diary! Good luck with your challenges, sure you will do fab
  • Cinny91Cinny91 Forumite
    6K Posts
    Thanks Flower and Wendz. Benefit is my weakness! It's the pretty packaging more than anything.

Just had the £50 come in to my bank account from OH. Put £25 in savings and then £25 off the credit card. Should mean with my payment tomorrow I've knocked £50 off it already :beer: Happy Days!

Trying to figure out if my savings target is at all realistic. It's 13 weeks until the end of the year (12 if I take away the week I'm on holiday) and with that I need to be saving almost £56 a week - or £8 a day. Will have to crack on with Slice the Pie I suppose!
  • edited 1 October 2009 at 6:27PM
    Cinny91Cinny91 Forumite
    6K Posts
    edited 1 October 2009 at 6:27PM
    Night time update!

Managed to get 4 reviews done on DooYoo today. Which is kind of £2 earnt £2.50 if I count ratings, brings me to £15 worth of points. Inching ever closer to the payout level, but I think I'm going to hang tight and aim for the £50 cheque this time. I completely waste any amazon vouchers I do get so it isn't worth the hard work. Have 4 more beauty products lined up to review tomorrow.

Managed to get up to the dizzy heights of 3stars on STP, earnt 95p reviewing tracks but having spent 4hours online reviewing and rating I'm calling it a day now.

So, extra money earnt today: £3.45

Not bank breaking but that's got to be a cheese grater or something for when I move out, right?

ETA: My sister just came home from her first day of working at Boost juice and gave me her free daily smoothie. I could get used to this!
  • Cinny91Cinny91 Forumite
    6K Posts
    Just did a massive post and my internet cut out! So I'll try again :D

Payday today, so I paid another £25 off my credit card (I'll update my sig as my payments clear!) and popped £25 into savings. After my board comes out and I take £40 out for the week I'll be left with £70 in my bank, so I might be able to pay a bit more than £25 off my credit card next week.

Spent the afternoon reviewing on DooYoo, so I'm only one review away from the £20 payout mark :T Should get to that on Sunday while OH is at work.

Hoping for a pretty cheap weekend, I'm at OHs house during the day then doing to the cinema later on. I promised OH last weekend that I'd pay for the 'This Is It' cinema tickets, I'm just hoping Cineworld haven't bumped the price up just because it's Michael Jackson! It's silly we pay for Unlimited Cards but can't prebook for something that's clearly going to sell out. I wouldn't mind but I'm not even that keen on MJ! Oh dear, I hope over emotional fans don't start blubbing over their popcorn - eek!
  • Morning!

Spends for Yesterday:

Boots Meal Deal: £2.99
    Chinese for Tea:£15.00

Total Spends: £17.99

All on food! :o The Chinese was to treat OH, making up for the fact we didn't get the MJ tickets and I made him talk in a German accent all day. But still, I have £22.01 to last me all week and nothing that I really need to buy it should be way more than enough.

Got an email through from Paypal to say Quidco have paid some money into my account, still waiting on the £10 from Time Magazine so I happily clicked on the email but it was only £1.59, still better than nothing right? Have £13ish still left to clear so here's hoping for next month. :rolleyes:

On a much happier note I've found what looks like an amazingly perfect first place for me and OH. It's really close to work for me so I could walk there, or bike it, and it's only a 2 minute drive from the motorway for OH getting to Sheffield for work. Under 90k too! I really need to stop looking at Rightmove, gets me all excited to see something near perfect then I remember we don't actually have a penny to move out on. Best get saving!

Got a little pile of products to review on DooYoo today as I have the house to myself again! And planning on a good hour or so of STP.
  • wendz86wendz86 Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I seem to spend half my money on food as well! Trying to be good though so will hopefully cut back on that.

I get really interested in places on rightmove too so try and stay away, is a good incentive to get saving though.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals