Appealing decision

Options
Applied for the new Santander Zero CC and was rejected. I bank with the Alliance and Leicester. Is it worth appealing as the reason is quite a few late payments over the last years of basically me being lazy to pay on time. Trying to get them all down now and be debt free so is the best way just paying on time and living with it for a while as it does not seem i will be able to get a 0% balance transfer offer any time soon.
Also I have a £500 overdraft limit on my main bank account and another £500 on another account i rarely use this last one but is maxed out. Will this have any sort (big) affect on credit rating, or would i be wise to close this down ASAP.
Thanks

Comments

• BigDave81
    Options
    Having late payments will obviously not make you like a credit worthy risk to a credit card company so I doubt they will over turn the decision.

Also having a maxed overdraft that isn't being paid off possibly shows that you are living beyond your means or that you are not interested in settling debts.

I found just using my overdraft every month, paying in full with wages and using again month after month was damning to my credit as shows I spend too much etc.

Best to clear the over drafts and keep up with all regular payments I reckon.
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    jonnyb1978 wrote: »
    Applied for the new Santander Zero CC and was rejected. I bank with the Alliance and Leicester. Is it worth appealing as the reason is quite a few late payments over the last years of basically me being lazy to pay on time. Trying to get them all down now and be debt free so is the best way just paying on time and living with it for a while as it does not seem i will be able to get a 0% balance transfer offer any time soon.
    Also I have a £500 overdraft limit on my main bank account and another £500 on another account i rarely use this last one but is maxed out. Will this have any sort (big) affect on credit rating, or would i be wise to close this down ASAP.
    Thanks

I have to say that I would not lend money to someone who says they "are too lazy to to pay on time".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure