mbna ppi

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
6 replies 897 views
trickytrev33trickytrev33 Forumite
15 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
hi,
i am currently in a debt managent plan with various companies and i had a credit card with mbna.I remember being "persuaded" to take out the payment protection insurance at the time and this was ongoing for a period of about 6-8 years until i was unable to meet my credit obligations due to a substantial change in circumstances,my point is does anyone know if i can still forward a claim letter to mbna demanding my money back even though i defaulted on the card?
new to this so any help will be great,thankyou

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    hi,
    i am currently in a debt managent plan with various companies and i had a credit card with mbna.I remember being "persuaded" to take out the payment protection insurance at the time and this was ongoing for a period of about 6-8 years until i was unable to meet my credit obligations due to a substantial change in circumstances,my point is does anyone know if i can still forward a claim letter to mbna demanding my money back even though i defaulted on the card?
    new to this so any help will be great,thankyou

Hello and welcome.;)

It makes no difference if your doing a DMP or not, so with your reasons I would certainly give it a go.

I would like to point out though, that if your sucessful, the chances are that they would possibly want to refund this directly towards the debt, but if they admit liability for mis selling, then I think you could try to argue that you have this paid directly to you by a forms of cheque, because you have been out of pocket, due to them mis selling in the first place, and in my opinion, you may want to use this towards a debt of your choice.

For more information, check this useful link here of Martin's:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

You do not have to write the amounts though, but with your reasons give them 8 weeks, and keep at them until they either resolve, or until they issue you with the final decision, this final decision should also enclose details of the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), you can take your complaint to these if your not satisfied with the outcome.

You can use the templates on the above link if you want to or as a guide, and best to post by recorded delivery as well, this is your proof of posting.

Please keep us posted and post up for further help if required, good luck.

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004 wrote: »
    Hello and welcome.;)

It makes no difference if your doing a DMP or not, so with your reasons I would certainly give it a go.

I would like to point out though, that if your sucessful, the chances are that they would possibly want to refund this directly towards the debt, but if they admit liability for mis selling, then I think you could try to argue that you have this paid directly to you by a forms of cheque, because you have been out of pocket, due to them mis selling in the first place, and in my opinion, you may want to use this towards a debt of your choice.

For more information, check this useful link here of Martin's:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

You do not have to write the amounts though, but with your reasons give them 8 weeks, and keep at them until they either resolve, or until they issue you with the final decision, this final decision should also enclose details of the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), you can take your complaint to these if your not satisfied with the outcome.

You can use the templates on the above link if you want to or as a guide, and best to post by recorded delivery as well, this is your proof of posting.

Please keep us posted and post up for further help if required, good luck.

Di

Totally agree with everything Di says - I am on a DMP and one of the companies I claimed back from was MBNA. Go for it - the issue is what was sold at the time you took out the loan / card, it makes no difference what has happened since, if it was mis-sold, it was mis-sold.

Good luck ;)
    Pounds, shillings and pence; I caught a dirty wench, I gave a cough, her leg fell off, pounds shillings and pence :rotfl:

MSE EXPERT - THE CARLSBERG OF THE MONEY WORLD :beer:
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    chequeout wrote: »
    Totally agree with everything Di says - I am on a DMP and one of the companies I claimed back from was MBNA. Go for it - the issue is what was sold at the time you took out the loan / card, it makes no difference what has happened since, if it was mis-sold, it was mis-sold.

Good luck ;)

Great advice here from you Chequeout, and am sure this will be a great help to trickytrev as well.:T;).
    Xx
  • just a quick thankyou for your help,i have a few hours spare and will start the process,and i shall keep you all informed!!
  • just a quick thankyou for your help,i have a few hours spare and will start the process,and i shall keep you all informed!!
    Good luck with it then
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    just a quick thankyou for your help,i have a few hours spare and will start the process,and i shall keep you all informed!!

Your welcome and the best of luck, we look forward to hearing the outcome of this.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals