Talk Talk problems - is this normal?

Options
Hi all,

I am 'in the process' of changing over from BT to Talk Talk.

My 'Going live' date with Talk Talk was suppose to be yesterday. We got all the literature and new broadband router etc sent out, but our phone line was dead all day yesterday.

I phoned Talk Talk today and they said it is a technical problem and they would phone me when they knew what was going on, this could take a couple of days?

Meanwhile I have no landline or broadband through them.

Also on the welcome letter they sent me I am being billed an £2 per month for a super boost (virus thing), which I said I didn't want during the sales phone call to them.

Also on the sales phone call they told me I would be getting a half price installation, but on the welcome letter they have billed me for full price.

I am left wondering is this a sign of things to come!?
Groceries challenge
May - £70 so far:beer::beer:

Comments

• Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options

I am left wondering is this a sign of things to come!?

Sounds about par for the course with Talk Talk.

You don't have to look too hard to find out what their service is like.;)
  • crusty_toenail
    Options
    great!!! Well I'll keep you all posted with my plight, lol
    Groceries challenge

• crusty_toenail
    Options
    Update:

Phoned Talk Talk today and spoke to:

1. person in the sales department - said nothing to do with him, need to contact customer services, he gave me the number.

2. Person in customer services wouldn't speak to me becuase Im not the account holder, but happily transfered me through to operations dep't.

3. person in operations department said that there was a delay of 3-5 days to activate the account and this was normal?! I siad 'no it says in my letter activation can take anytime up until midnight on the activation day', then she asked someone else who agreed to look into it and call me back tomorrow.

I phoned yesterday and was told that the technical team would look into in but noone phoned me back yet.

So Im day 3 without a phone or broadband???!!!

Not a happy 3 day old customer of talk talk.

I just feel everyone I have spoken to is trying to pass the buck:confused:
    Groceries challenge

• alexlyne
    Options
    Also on the sales phone call they told me I would be getting a half price installation, but on the welcome letter they have billed me for full price.
    The same happened to me, but then I also had a confirmation email which had on it the correct price.. hoping that's what tehy'll charge me!

3-5 days is not bad without comms... We moved house, and signed up on 23rd August... have an active phone line (but not officially on talktalk billing system yet), but not supposed to get broadband until the end of October.. that's over 8 weeks.

Hopefully Emma will pick up on your plight and maybe can advise (she's the company rep on this forum)
  • crusty_toenail
    Options
    Update:

I received a letter in the post today, 'We are sorry to hear you are leaving Talk Talk'!!!!

So I phoned that 0870 number (again) from my mobile and spoke to a girl who told me to ignore the letter and I should have my activation between 3-5 days from today.

She also said that there could be a problem with the set up due to bt already switcing off my phone service (on the activation day) - sorry I would have thought was would have been pretty standard procedure?

I'm being to wonder why I changed from BT to Talk Talk, at all, my mobile phone bill is a fortune now with all these 0870 customer service numbers!!!
    Groceries challenge

• halifaxflea
    Options
    Im with Talk Talk for my Internet, and I think it is the worst decision I ever made.

I was convinced to move from BT, and now I regret doing so. The speeds we get are pathetic at best, with it barely at a crawl at peek times, and customer service from them is a joke.

The second my contract is up, Im going back to BT.
  • alexlyne
    alexlyne Posts: 740 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're on the internet, so go to saynoto0870.com, and find an alternative number for them!
  • crusty_toenail
    Options
    Update:

Phoned Talk Talk and spoke to advisor in the Customer service dep't - went through the problem again - they put me on hold and transfered me to Technical Dep't.

Spoke to girl (sounded Indian) in the Technical Dep't, was told that the activation date should have been Monday last (yes I know that is why I'm phoning you), has no idea why there is a delay so needs to transfer me to customer services (again).

Spoke to second person in customer services and was told to phone back on Saturday, Was not able to tell me 1)why there is a delay, 2) when I will get activated.

This is Day 4 of being without a landline and broadband and am having to work from my parents house. No phone = no money = kids go hungry!

If they could even give me a date when this will get sorted, I wish I had have stayed with BT now, I know they are dearer but at least I had a service.

Where is this Talk Talk rep? I need help!!!
    Groceries challenge

• crusty_toenail
    Options
    Update:

Spoke to Austin in Disconnections (uk). He checked with customer services but they didnt know, so has referred the matter to his manager ho is going to contact BT cause they should have connected the line?

However, Austin was the first person I talkted to who seemed keen to get to the bottom of the problem and has agreed to call me back at some stage.

Will keep you informed!!
    Groceries challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills