If this is in the wrong thread, please feel free to move it.

I am look at a house for sale, it has a rear single extension (17ftx10ft). I have been told that if the footing go down below 9 inches, that you can bulid on top. Is this correct? also what would the likely cost be to get the shell up and water tight. I am in south wales.


  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    theres is no automatic right to build on top. the PP, BEng dept will insist on an inspection trench, to inspect the footings first.
    even if the previous plans are lodged in the PP office.
    Get some gorm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards