Student Loan scheduled to be paid today but not received

Hi moneysavers,
Both my sons have their student loans approved and scheduled to be paid today direct into their bank accounts. They have not been paid and I cannot access any help on the student finance website about this.

Has anyone else had this same problem. By the way, all their paperwork was in on time and everything appears to be in order, it's just that the money has not come through when it should. They even have their letters to take to uni registration to prove that their tuition fees will be paid by Student Finance.

Any more info or help would be appreciated. I know there has been problems with some students getting their loan approval though in time, but we had everything done on time.
Thanks,
Gilly

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Get your sons to log in and see what it says next to payment dates.

First payments for first years take 3 days to clear so it will turn up on Wed or Thursday depending on the bank.
  • Thanks,
    It says 'Approved' next to the payment dates which are both today's dates (I know it should be saying 'Paid' as it does for their earlier year's payment dates). One son is a third year degree student, and the other son is a second year student so this is not their first ever payments in the student loan system.

I now find out that one of my sons girlfriends (also a 2nd year student) was also supposed to ger her student loan today and hasn't...

Has anyone else got this problem? It's a bit much when the student loan system says that they are getting their money on a certain date and then it doesn't arrive - they have to pay rent in advance as they both live away from home and there are other upfront costs to the university year...
  • Have they both re-enrolled onto their course? As in signed a register to say they are attending again this year. If not then the university will not of contacted the SLC to release the money, it happens with me every year because my university take forever to send the word that i've re-enrolled.
    trying to become a moneysaving student
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    mellymeep wrote: »
    Have they both re-enrolled onto their course? As in signed a register to say they are attending again this year. If not then the university will not of contacted the SLC to release the money, it happens with me every year because my university take forever to send the word that i've re-enrolled.
    You beat me to it, i was going to ask if they'd enrolled. My housemate should have got his loan 2 weeks ago, rang today to find out why and realised he had forgotton to re-enrol!
  • Thanks, I think you have both sussed it for me... they both register on Thursday and I think that the uni people scan in the barcode on their 'Confirmation of Student Finance' letters, and as you say that then releases the money.

Thanks to all for the info... I will let my sons know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure