We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Paypal payment made but no contact from company

Options
Hi,
I purchased some energy saving halogen bulbs from ebulbshop.com a few weeks ago. The payment was accepted by Paypal but I haven't had any contact from the company since. I have used the contact form on their website a number of times to enquire as to the status of my order to no avail. The order was for just over £20 so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't get the money back, however I'm keen to know how I would take this further, especially if I'd paid more money via Paypal.
Thanks for your help.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,396 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Paypal protection outside of ebay is not particularly good. However you do need to watch your time limits here so you need to open a full chargeback today for item not received, you only have 45 days to do that.

As this is not an ebay purchase you won't get a full refund unless the company has retrievable funds in their paypal account.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Airbound
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Paypal protection outside of ebay is not particularly good. However you do need to watch your time limits here so you need to open a full chargeback today for item not received, you only have 45 days to do that.

As this is not an ebay purchase you won't get a full refund unless the company has retrievable funds in their paypal account.

Thanks. I've found an email address via Paypal so I've sent them another email through that. I still have some time left to go through the resolution process if there's no reply.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,396 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Since you are reliant on the seller having available funds to get your refund I would be putting in a chargeback sooner rather than later on this one.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • The_Pedant
    Options
    I'm always wary of such situations, paranoid over what would happens if the goods magically arrived, or if they actually initiated a refund themselves.

If you have an email address for them, I would therefore email them stating you wish to cancel the order & expect an email confirmation (within say 7 days?) that they are willing to cancel and issue a full refund refund. I would then state that if I had not heard back from them by the deadline that you will be forced to initiate a chargeback from Paypal or your card issuer.

It just covers all the bases that way.
  • corsa57
    corsa57 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Airbound wrote: »
    Hi,
    I purchased some energy saving halogen bulbs from ebulbshop.com a few weeks ago. The payment was accepted by Paypal but I haven't had any contact from the company since. I have used the contact form on their website a number of times to enquire as to the status of my order to no avail. The order was for just over £20 so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't get the money back, however I'm keen to know how I would take this further, especially if I'd paid more money via Paypal.
    Thanks for your help.

I have also ordered from this company and I am having trouble getting in touch with them. On the 2 occasions I have had a reply they cite technical difficulties for the delay. I wondered if Airbound ever got his delivery or a refund.
  • djl1098
    Options
    Having successfully ordered from ebulbshop before I placed an order at the beginning of November for which the payment has been taken from my credit card account but to date no goods have arrived, no communication and no response to e-mails or voice message. Perhaps Airbound could update this thread. I would suggest avoiding this company to be on the safe side.
  • Trusted_Friend
    Options
    Seconded.

Those who have dealt with ebulbshop, can they let us know what occurred.
  • Laz123
    Laz123 Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is the info on them if you're interested:

Registrant:
    ebulbshop.com ltd
    Portfolio House
    42/44 High Street
    Hythe, Hythe CT21 5AT
    UK

Domain name: EBULBSHOP.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Wilkinson, Andrew andrew@ebulbshop.com
    Portfolio House
    42/44 High Street
    Hythe, Hythe CT21 5AT
    UK
    +44.1303264400
    Technical Contact:
    Portfolio House
    42/44 High Street
    Hythe, Hythe CT21 5AT
    UK
    +44.1303264400

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 07-Feb-2008.
    Record expires on 08-Feb-2010.
    Record created on 08-Feb-2002.
    Registrant:
    ebulbshop.com ltd
    Portfolio House
    42/44 High Street
    Hythe, Hythe CT21 5AT
    UK

Domain name: EBULBSHOP.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Portfolio House
    42/44 High Street
    Hythe, Hythe CT21 5AT
    UK
    +44.1303264400
    Technical Contact:
    Portfolio House
    42/44 High Street
    Hythe, Hythe CT21 5AT
    UK
    +44.1303264400

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 07-Feb-2008.
    Record expires on 08-Feb-2010.
    Record created on 08-Feb-2002.
  • voidal
    voidal Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 19 December 2009 at 5:06PM
    Options
    Airbound wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks for your help.

ebulbshop order problems ( ebulbshop.com delay contact non delivery etc )

Pretty much my situation, £30 spent beginning of Oct, I an email, they finally replied saying it would be sent first thing (now november). 3

weeks later, Nothing. Took my money though, before dispatch didn't they.

Next step?? Will have to look into it.
  • voidal
    Options
    I think it is right to complain. But the order finally arrived after TWO months.

Quality of goods is excellent, better than the usual rubbish we get fobbed off with in the main stores.

Had they arrived within a week, I'd have given them 5 stars
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family