Great Weekend Away

Hello

Just had a weekend at the sales!!

Before Xmas booked a £10.00 Travel Lodge near Chester for 1st January for a night for Mr. T and myself, 2 teenage T's!

Filled car with petrol using double Nectar points at BP. Stopped in Little Chef for brunch at 11am (couldn't get up earlier-late night on new Years Eve!) with 50% off food and drink voucher. I think they are still a Little Rip Off though!

Stopped in large Boots, in Advantage Machine daughter Number Two got the same offers as me, but more points on the offers. So we used her 200 points off any item from Boots Complete skin Care, and bought 5 bottles of moisturiser reduced to £1.49. Spent £7.45, and got 1000 points. I already had £95.00 on the A. Card. So I then bought some 50% off gifts for this years birthdays, and three Xmas presents for next Xmas (OK know I'm sad!)

When on to Cheshire Oaks (Outlet Village-Ellesmere Port). Massive Sales there, bought  Xmas paper and cards, 3 pairs of trousers in Next (Next to Nothing) sale for £9.00 for all 3, Kickers Boots £18.00....3 boxed sets to make old leather look photo albums, parchment paper etc from WH Smith, were £14.99, down to £1.99 each. I will make the albums, and  take photo's of friends/their children etc, and use them for a very personal Xmas presents!

Ate evening meal at Pizza Hut (teenage T's fav) got 10% off bill with Dubit Card, and paid rest with £4.00 Lunch Vouchers, from Pinecone Research. Then went to Vue Cinema using Dubit Card got teeenage T's in for nothing (paid £10.90 for 4 of us)

Exhausted....thank goodness....Travel Lodge 10 mins drive away! Good nights sleep and lie in, you don't have to leave the Lodge until noon, and most shops don't open until 11am on Sunday! we all showered with Lodge freebies!

Went into Chester, Mr T now needed treat, he'd been after a new shaver, there was a Phillishave reduced from £150.00 to £75.00 at Boots, just had enough points left to buy it, would have hurt a bit to pay with proper money! Don't know if this was a bargain-haven't checked Pricerunner yet! But Mr. T very pleased!

One stop on way home was Abakhan Fabrics-mill shop at Mostyn, North Wales, https://www.abakhanfabrics.co.uk. Number one teenager, has just done up her room, so bought cream curtain fabric, enough for large window for £7.60. Got to now dust the sewing machine! Teen number two bought herself faux fur to make throw, and cover beanbag for £5.00. Mr. T slept in car!!

Thanks to this site, and my mum giving me and Mr. T £50.00 each for Xmas, weekend cost almost nothing!! Teenage T's very happy, as they'd been spending their xmas money/vouchers, and done what they wanted, in fact a rare weekend with no arguements!! Starting diet now, as Next £3.00 trousers are a bit tight, too many pizzas me thinks!

Happy New Year to one and all. ;D ;D ;D
:j

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals