We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
iTunes+Downloads
yorkygal
Posts: 520 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi Ive got a problem with trying to access iTunes. 2wks ago I updated the software when I was on iTunes(updated from a pop-up window), the only thing is I didnt update the Safari or iPhone(??) software for some reason. Now when I try to get onto iTunes it says it is experiencing problems. Ive even tried connecting my iPod to the computer to access iTunes but still comes up with same error message. Ive tried looking on Apple but it confuses the hell out of me.
Could someone please help and give me updates for Safari please or if there is another way of updating/making iTunes work??? I darent download stuff in case its wrong or permanently ruins iTunes etc
Could someone please help and give me updates for Safari please or if there is another way of updating/making iTunes work??? I darent download stuff in case its wrong or permanently ruins iTunes etc
Opinions are like ar*eholes - everybody has one!!!! 
0
Comments
-
I doubt your problem is related to not installing Safari's update.
These two articles might contain a solution:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1776
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS14210 -
I doubt your problem is related to not installing Safari's update.
These two articles might contain a solution:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1776
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1421
Thanks Marty the top 1 didnt work and I didnt try the 2nd one as Im sure I have iTunes9 and not 7 or 8 as listed on the 2nd link. Would it make any difference if I tried to install iTunes9 (again) ie would it interfere with my current settings etc???Opinions are like ar*eholes - everybody has one!!!!
0 -
Thanks Marty the top 1 didnt work and I didnt try the 2nd one as Im sure I have iTunes9 and not 7 or 8 as listed on the 2nd link. Would it make any difference if I tried to install iTunes9 (again) ie would it interfere with my current settings etc???
Your version of iTunes shouldn't make a difference; the advice in the second link is applicable to all recent versions of iTunes.
You can certainly try reinstalling iTunes again. Go to this page, scroll down to "Completely remove iTunes and QuickTime", and follow the steps0 -
Your version of iTunes shouldn't make a difference; the advice in the second link is applicable to all recent versions of iTunes.
You can certainly try reinstalling iTunes again. Go to this page, scroll down to "Completely remove iTunes and QuickTime", and follow the steps
The 2nd link didnt work either, I followed disabling AV and re-launched it, still came up with saem error message. Also the link to uninstall iTunes etc states that XP has to have the latest Service Packs to do it properly - my computer only has SP2 as we had problems with SP3Opinions are like ar*eholes - everybody has one!!!!
0 -
Also the link to uninstall iTunes etc states that XP has to have the latest Service Packs to do it properly - my computer only has SP2 as we had problems with SP3
It suggests installing the latest version of Windows if you're having problems; it does not say you have to have SP3 installed in order to remove iTunes.
If you want to try removing it and then reinstalling, follow the instructions on that page.0 -
Same happenned to me ...
I have to log off my computer and login as a different user and it works fine!!Debt Free Jan 2010!(Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X:j0 -
Same happenned to me ...
I have to log off my computer and login as a different user and it works fine!!
Then you should try one of the following:Remove iTunes Plug-ins
Third-party iTunes plug-ins can cause many issues, particularly if the plug-in has not been updated to be compatible with new versions of iTunes. iTunes plug-ins are located in the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins
Remove iTunes preference files
Some of the files that iTunes uses to store settings and preferences may be unusable and cause issues. iTunes has two folders where preferences are saved. Move one of them to the desktop and test to see if the issue persists. If it does, move it back and remove the second folder. The location for the two preference folders are:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes
Recreate your iTunes Library
If you iTunes library has become unusable, rebuilding it as described in How to recreate your iTunes Library may resolve the issue.
Check for content files with issues
Sometimes a certain audio file can cause iTunes to quit unexpectedly or stop responding when it is analyzing gapless playback information. To determine which file(s) may be cause the issue follow the steps below:
Quit iTunes.
Move the iTunes Library.itl file located at C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes to your desktop
Open iTunes.
From the File menu, choose Add Folder to Library.
Navigate to the folder where your music is located. Typically this is
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music
Choose an artist, album, or single song to add the to the library
Wait for iTunes to successfully add the songs to your library and perform the gapless playback scan.
If successful, continue adding back more songs to your library.
If there is an issue with one of your files, you will notice your issue reappear after you attempt to add it to the library. At this point you should repeat these steps being careful not to add the files that cause the issue to occur.0 -
It suggests installing the latest version of Windows if you're having problems; it does not say you have to have SP3 installed in order to remove iTunes.
If you want to try removing it and then reinstalling, follow the instructions on that page.
I already have Windows IE8
Opinions are like ar*eholes - everybody has one!!!!
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards