We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Ipod nano speakers

Hi everyone,

Don't know if this is in the right place. I want to buy some small speakers for my ipod nano, that run from the mains (don't want to use up loads of batteries), so I can listen when working in the kitchen. I've had a look at Amazon but quite unsure. I also don't want to spend more than about £25-30 on them.

Please can anyone help or give recommendations of what to get or avoid? Grateful for any help.

Fiona

Comments

  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I'd recommend the JBL Onstage II, have them myself and am always surprised how good they are.
    Bought mine from Tesco.
    onstage2-1.jpg
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • lwbe
    lwbe Posts: 24 Forumite
    Whilst you can find some great bargains, generally with speakers and headphones you get what you pay for. Obviously this is a double-edged sword...
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.
    Jackie Mason (1934 - ) :rolleyes:
  • wizk1
    wizk1 Posts: 911 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Best set of MP3 player speakers (I don't have an iPod) I ever bought are a set of Creative TravelSound 200's. Yes, they're battery powered, but I have a set of rechargeables in them, and they last for weeks on end. Plus the sound quality is out of this world. Obviously they're nothing compared to a hi-fi system. But they can deliver!!! You can get a 2nd hand pair for very little nowadays.
  • Hi!

    Hmmm, well, if you have a radio in the kitchen already, you could try the Gear4 Airzone transmitter - it plugs into the iPod and makes it broadcast as a radio channel. That looks to be available for £18 from Play.com, and means you have some car options as well.

    If you're looking for a solid speaker system, then you're at the low end of the spectrum, cost-wise. Gear4's BlackBox is a pretty cool portable speaker, for £36 via Amazon marketplace.

    The Logitech X-240 comes in at £28 from LambdaTek, and looks to be a solid piece of kit, if a bit of a crossover with a PC speaker system.

    Check out Trusted Reviews for Gear4 reviews, and Amazon for the X-240.

    Good luck :).

    Ben
    We were both young, when I first saw you.
  • I got a Philips SBA290 device from the PC World sale a few weeks ago - about £20 down from £35ish I think. Excellent bit of kit, works on batteries or supplied power lead, fits any mp3 player with a headphone socket, quite a few boost options, clever little storage method and pouch. They seemed to have a few and when I walked past the other day the sale was still on.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.