We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
o2 broadband cashback
damoderby
Posts: 228 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi all
Is the following too good to be true?
I want to change my broadband supplier from bt to o2.
I live less than 1km from my locul exchange and o2 say i should get speeds around 17mb which is about 12 more than i get with bt.
A member of the family has an o2 contract so if i go thru quidco for the home premium it will cost me 9.79 for 9 months-1st 3 months free-but when i take the £75 off this reduces it to just over a quid a month.
Im chomping at the bit to go for this.
Any reasons why not?
Is the following too good to be true?
I want to change my broadband supplier from bt to o2.
I live less than 1km from my locul exchange and o2 say i should get speeds around 17mb which is about 12 more than i get with bt.
A member of the family has an o2 contract so if i go thru quidco for the home premium it will cost me 9.79 for 9 months-1st 3 months free-but when i take the £75 off this reduces it to just over a quid a month.
Im chomping at the bit to go for this.
Any reasons why not?
0
Comments
-
Go for it.Check first with wwwdotsamknows.com to ensure that your exchange is enabled for o2.
I changed recently and am more than happy.I have read only good comments,and they have a freephone number for customer services.
I thought quidco offered £50.00 but having said that i took up the offer in August when it was 2 months free.0 -
O2 are excellent so long as you can get the LLU based product which it seems you can based on prices and estimated speed.
My BB for 2009 is costing me about £18 after £75 cashback and three months free (and the £5 discount for having an o2 phone). I get just over 10Mbps actual download and have never seen it drop below that.
Just do it.0 -
Not taken up LLU with O2 but used Quidco for my BB and got 65 back... top effort!!!0
-
I'm on O2's ADSL2 service and get about 18mb with the exchange just over a mile away. Been with them since January and not had any problems. Just needs £10 top up every 3 months if on 02 payg phone.0
-
The 17mb bit may be too good to be true but the rest isn't. I did the same deal as you with Quidco cashback and the 20mb deal with an existing mobile customer. All went well, they anticipated 3mb, I got 4, and they came back after a couple of weeks offering that I could downgrade since I wasn't gettign 8+mb, which was great.0
-
Even better news after i signed up for it.I checked quidco and it is tracking £100 cashback from o2.
So in effect o2 will be paying me £12 to take their broadband which is jolly decent of them really.0 -
Don't count your chickens on that one. O2 tracked much lower than the £75 I was promised and wasn't corrected until it validated. If the deal you were offered was less than £100 it will most likely correct downwards before you get your sticky mitts on it.0
-
My area doesn't have LLU for any network other than orange (apparently). Was on orange for about 2 years, freeserve/wanadoo before then. Max speed a paltry 1.3mbps. Moved to o2 as they wanted to increase the tariff, and even the none llu o2 package gives me a speed double that of orange, and far better customer support. Worked out far cheaper after the quidco too.0
-
had the o2 broadband for a week now and am really pleased withit.JUst did a speed test and getting 12mb download and 1mb upload.0
-
I did similar, have Mobile Broadband & an iPhone so get O2 Broadband for £4.91/Mth with first 4 months free and have been paid £75 through QuidCo so also in profit.
Top service as well BTWCheers
Steve0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
