stooze with virgin c/c cheques

Options
After having my virgin card for ages they have finally sent me a really good deal :D I have BT or CHEQUES at 0% till october, and I have 13.6k limit. It says handling fee of 2% (min £2, max £35).

Can I just check to be sure, I can write a cheque to myself for £12,920 (95% of limit) and then deposit it into my websaver account?? Less the fee I believe I will get 150-200 in interest by october :D

Comments

• PoorDave
    PoorDave Posts: 952 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    kingkano wrote:
    After having my virgin card for ages they have finally sent me a really good deal :D I have BT or CHEQUES at 0% till october, and I have 13.6k limit. It says handling fee of 2% (min £2, max £35).

Can I just check to be sure, I can write a cheque to myself for £12,920 (95% of limit) and then deposit it into my websaver account?? Less the fee I believe I will get 150-200 in interest by october :D

You will probably have to deposit the cheque into a current account, then transfer from there into your websaver.

I would say do 95% only if this is limited by Virgin. I would normally suggest leaving £100 below your limit.

Then when October comes, you need some more 0% credit to BT the debt to, so you can keep going.
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery
  • kingkano
    kingkano Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes virgin's limit is 95% :(

Yeah current account, then move over to my websaver. Should've said. Then easy to move back for repayment.

I doubt I could get a card this large to move it to afterwards lol. But we'll see.
  • kingkano
    kingkano Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    they rounded it to 13k :D even better he did an SBT on the phone for me lol. I checked several times about the fee being £35 and felt releived when he said definitely because there are 2 ways, cash transfer or balance transfer :D so I should be safe.

my first stooze yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport