We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Sky Viewing Card Problem
Iconic
Posts: 1,021 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
When I went away recently I took my Sky Viewing card so I could watch the football on a sky box in the holiday accomodation.
The card got rejected because it did not match up to the box. If I had taken the box and the viewing card with me would that have worked?
The card got rejected because it did not match up to the box. If I had taken the box and the viewing card with me would that have worked?
0
Comments
-
The viewing card is usually paired to a box for the premium channels -- It would have worked if you had the box it was paired to -- dave0
-
Cards are registered to the box, so if you took your receiver with you, then yes it would have worked.0
-
Thanks for the replies.
Does the TV region on sky change depending on the region you are in? For instance, say my local ITV region on Sky was Granada and I took the box and card to the Yorkshire region. Would channel 103 show Granada or Yorkshire?0 -
Whatever region the card is for. The card and box do not know they have went on a holiday.
Think about it
Stan0 -
Whatever region the card is for. The card and box do not know they have went on a holiday.
Think about it
Stan
Yes, it's logical when you think about it. Every dish points to the same satellite so the same card/box settings will apply no matter where you are.
But I remember when I watched Sky in a holiday flat in Tenerife and there was nothing showing on channel 103 although most of the other channels were the same
0 -
But I remember when I watched Sky in a holiday flat in Tenerife and there was nothing showing on channel 103 although most of the other channels were the same

Was that a long time ago before ITV was on the Astra satellite?
If not ITV is on a narrow beam and focused on UK to stop it being watched outside UK.
Stan0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards