We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help with replacement cmos battery
startrekker
Posts: 1,162 Forumite
Can any expert advise as to the replacement cmos battery for a laptop.
After a few hours of getting it out it is a Maxell ML1220.
Now the battery says rechargeable... but I cant seem to find any.... Question is ... can I put a non rechargeable one in it....
Doh... Just found out I cant, should have known.
Im struggling to get a replacemnet... any one know ?
After a few hours of getting it out it is a Maxell ML1220.
Now the battery says rechargeable... but I cant seem to find any.... Question is ... can I put a non rechargeable one in it....
Doh... Just found out I cant, should have known.
Im struggling to get a replacemnet... any one know ?
0
Comments
-
Do not put a normal battery in there. They seem to be on loads of battery suppliers websites.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
Quick google search found this.
Not sure about putting a rechargeable one in as it might cause problems when the motherboard tries to recharge it. Always better to replace like with like if there is any doubt.
The replacement battery should only be a rechargable ML1220.
Do not fit a standard type battery.:doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:0 -
Thats why I said: !
:rolleyes:
No this is what you said:Quick google search found this.
Not sure about putting a rechargeable one in as it might cause problems when the motherboard tries to recharge it.
Try here
:rolleyes: :rolleyes::doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:0 -
lol :rotfl:.
I meant at the end of that sentence!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
