Please help! Economy 7 bill, but standard meter.

bradders33
bradders33 Posts: 119 Forumite
Hi All,

I know NOTHING regarding Electric.. Yet I do know that my bill has gone from £300 a year to £1000 a year since moving house and inheriting the supplier!

I rang my new supplier last year as I noticed that we were being billed for Economy 7 and I knew that as we did not use appliances over night that it did not benefit us.

It appears that they did not do this as I got my bill yesterday and it's astronomical.

Then I get a sales visit from a rival supplier and I said I was thinking about switching as my bills were so high. She looked at my bill, then at my meter and said that I should not be being charged Economy 7 at all as I have a "standard" meter by her reckoning.

She said that I should give my supplier a reading and request a refund. Is this correct or just a speil from a rival supplier.

I rang Energy Watch for advice and the bloke I spoke to was useless.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• smartie1976
    smartie1976 Posts: 1,984 Forumite
    Have you actually called your supplier and told them that you do not have E7 heating, and that you should request someone to come out and inspect the meter to verify this.
    It's BOUGHT (to Buy), not BROUGHT (to bring) AND you cannot be frauded, only DEfrauded.

Please do not buy animals from a pet store. Visit your local sanctuary or centre and give a good home to an unloved or abandoned animal.
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    ecom 7 heating has two readings therefore has two dials on your meter.. if you not got two dials you not got econ 7 heating
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport