We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Personal finance software

Helpl, I have used Quicken for many years, the last few unsupported as Intuit withdrew tech support from the UK. I now need a new finance package for my home use. Is there a decent one out there that doesn't come from America or cost too much.
Thanks

Comments

  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    there is 'GNUCash', which is a fully-fledged accounts system which I believe, can import your accounts from quicken. It is free, so if you don't like it, you won't have wasted any money on it.

    There are a couple of superb home accounts progs on Linux (If you wish to install this beside Windows)., but other than that, most of the really functional ones are all 'paid-for' commercial offerings.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

    Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

    3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

  • I'm in a similar boat - have used Quicken 2002 for years and love it, but have never been able to connect online. With an impending move to Germany coming up and as I've just begun investing in shares I need this functionality to update prices and exchange rates, so now I need to find an alternative.

    So I want a product similar in terms of ease of use as quicken, but also one that can cope with share investments, multiple currencies and isn't mega expensive.

    Looks like GNU might be able to, so I'll give that a try (as it's free) and I'll report back, but if there are any other suggestions.................
  • zee_2
    zee_2 Posts: 566 Forumite
    best software and free https://www.gnucash.org. and https://www.msofficeaccounting.co.uk
    both given good write ups in computer shopper oct 09.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.