increase NSPCC credit limit?

Options
just got accepted for a NSPCC cc - limit is £3600. it's my new stoozing card but i currently have £8000 with egg. i phoned up NSPCC and asked for a possible increase but i was told they would only consider it after 6 months. i think i've read somewhere here that they increased the limit before that. should i ask again when i activate my card? other option would be to get the barclays branch/online barclaycard (if you're an existing current account customer which i am) but couldn't find that offer ANYWHERE on barclays.co.uk and phone staff was useless...should i try to apply for this or is it likely that i'm getting refused after applying for nspcc so shortly before? that fees-free £5000 is exactly what i need tho!!

Comments

• PoorDave
    PoorDave Posts: 952 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    m13 wrote:
    just got accepted for a NSPCC cc - limit is £3600. it's my new stoozing card but i currently have £8000 with egg. i phoned up NSPCC and asked for a possible increase but i was told they would only consider it after 6 months. i think i've read somewhere here that they increased the limit before that. should i ask again when i activate my card? other option would be to get the barclays branch/online barclaycard (if you're an existing current account customer which i am) but couldn't find that offer ANYWHERE on barclays.co.uk and phone staff was useless...should i try to apply for this or is it likely that i'm getting refused after applying for nspcc so shortly before? that fees-free £5000 is exactly what i need tho!!

As always, it may depend on which other cards you have been applying for, and when in relation to now, and to when you applied for the NSPCC card.

From my experience (Mint) providers will give you a tiny increase if you ask straight away on getting the card (i got £2500 increased to £3000), then they will review after 6 months.

The usual advice applies though, that it does no harm to ask again, and you can always start making noises about wanting to cancel the card if they won't increase it and see if that gets you anywhere.

I have just been accepted for the NSPCC card, and am hoping that the minimum credit limit of £3500 will apply, so i can take the approx £3k debt on Mint across to here. I did notice, however, that the acceptance letter didn't seem to state the limit given, and that the summary box enclosed had no minimum credit limit. All a bit odd.
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure