PPI Claim after 6 months

Options
Hi there, I have searched for an answer to my question but couldnt find one, so I thought it best to ask. I sent the first PPI claim letter to HSBC in April 2008. I received the normal letter back saying no in the same month.

Foolishly I did not chase up with the second letter template, thinking that their no was final. Until a few weeks ago when I sent a new first template again hoping to renew the claim. What I have received back is a letter saying I made a similar complaint last year and that my concerns were investigated and the findings issued to me. It also says "I attach a copy of this letter and would advise that this letter represents HSBC's final response on this matter" Also that the ombudsman may decline to look at my complaint due to the time passed. So I am not sure which way to approach it. I was hoping this new letter would be treated as a new complaint and I could send the second template from there.

The loan is still active and was taken out in 2006. It was for £5,500. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there, I have searched for an answer to my question but couldnt find one, so I thought it best to ask. I sent the first PPI claim letter to HSBC in April 2008. I received the normal letter back saying no in the same month.

Foolishly I did not chase up with the second letter template, thinking that their no was final. Until a few weeks ago when I sent a new first template again hoping to renew the claim. What I have received back is a letter saying I made a similar complaint last year and that my concerns were investigated and the findings issued to me. It also says "I attach a copy of this letter and would advise that this letter represents HSBC's final response on this matter" Also that the ombudsman may decline to look at my complaint due to the time passed. So I am not sure which way to approach it. I was hoping this new letter would be treated as a new complaint and I could send the second template from there.

The loan is still active and was taken out in 2006. It was for £5,500. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any help

Hi There

Unfortunately they usually give you six months to respond otherwise it goes back into their files. If you were not aware that you could take this to the financial ombudsman or did not understand their response then you could try contacting the FOS and explaining. Usually though if you go through FOS unless you have a very valid reason then they will not take on the complaint.
    :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport