Sick pay

Options

Comments

• mrsormrod
    Options
    only been given a phone number.
    My manager has been with us from before the take over so should know the benefits as he was recieving the same.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    Options
    Well in that case I can only assume that he is just repeating what he has been told by the company, and either doesn't understand the operation of TUPE, or doesn't want to get into a debate with the employer on your behalf about this.

If you can't get hold of HR on the phone, and your manager doesn't have an e-mail address for them, you will need to write to the head office address which should be on your wage slip, or alternatively you could give the letter to your manager and ask him to forward it to HR through the internal mail system, if there is one.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • -BA-
    -BA- Posts: 377 Forumite
    Options
    More to the point, which company handbook are you actually reading? The pre-TUPE or post? If it is the post TUPE then it could be that they have not taken your length of service into account (although they should under TUPE regs) and are classing you as a sub-2yr service member of staff. What is the sick entitled in the handbook, Contractual Sick Pay or Statuary Sick Pay? The labelling of your sick pay really is key here.
  • mrsormrod
    Options
    the one before the take over as as i said above weve not had a new handbook or contract
  • mrsormrod
    Options
    the sick pay i will get as off next week after the 3 day waiting days is Statutory sick pay
    I am supposed to get company sick pay as stated in my pre tupe contract that tops it up to full pay
  • -BA-
    Options
    Apologies for that. The labelling of the sick pay is still important though as this is what should have been taken into account during the TUPE.
  • mrsormrod
    Options
    Contract Just says Company Sick pay
  • mrsormrod
    Options
    sorry it goes on about both Statutory sick pay and Company sick pay.
    can only claim Company sick pay if i have been there for more than 2 years. (been there for 5 years 10 months)
  • -BA-
    Options
    mrsormrod wrote: »
    sorry it goes on about both Statutory sick pay and Company sick pay.
    can only claim Company sick pay if i have been there for more than 2 years. (been there for 5 years 10 months)

There you go that's your answer. As far as I am aware your Company Sick pay terms should have been moved with you under TUPE as should your length of service. You should therefore not have to forego 3 days of pay before qualifying.
  • mrsormrod
    Options
    Thankyou
    Im awaiting a call back from HR probably have to wait till monday now:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure