We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Early Years Professional Status
Tigersilly
Posts: 376 Forumite
I'm a third year Psychology student and I'm wondering if anyone here has taken the EYPS course? What sort of jobs have people go on to take after they have finished the course? The CWD council website suggests that EYPS graduates are likely to take on managerial roles in children's centres/ nurseries. Is this what is happening in reality?
http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/eyps
My interest is in educational psychology and I'm hoping to accumulate experience, and I'm curious as to whether completing the EYPS course would be a good way of doing this.
http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/eyps
My interest is in educational psychology and I'm hoping to accumulate experience, and I'm curious as to whether completing the EYPS course would be a good way of doing this.
0
Comments
-
EYPS is really for people who want to work in managerial roles in nurseries.
ONW is good at course advise, but can you not volunteer in a Children's centre if you want more experience.0 -
alwaysonthego wrote: »EYPS is really for people who want to work in managerial roles in nurseries.
ONW is good at course advise, but can you not volunteer in a Children's centre if you want more experience.
Sorry, this is one I haven't come across before. I thought you might know as it's the field you're in!0 -
Most of the placements I have been on have early years workers doing the EYPS. From what I know about the EYPS is that the government introduced it to make the early years sector more professional. The government are currently increasing childcare places and the 'Every Child Matters' states that all children must have access to a early child care place.Oldernotwiser wrote: »Sorry, this is one I haven't come across before. I thought you might know as it's the field you're in!
I am not sure how the op would go about being a educational psychologist, but wouldn't it be more fruitful for him/her to do a MA in education?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards