We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

On Onetel?? Get talktalk without moving (Kinda)

Options
PhilUK_3
PhilUK_3 Posts: 457 Forumite
Ok heard martin blabby on radio2 about telephone calls and bb

Current Deal

Total UK Talk £10.99
Onetel BB 2 Mbit £23.99
Discount - £4.99

= £29.99

Now its

Total UK Talk £10.99
Onetel BB 2 Mbit £15.99
Discount -£4.99

= £21.99

+ I have line rental of £10.49 and now its £9.99
they also gave me some extra mobile saver stuff but i dont use it.

so im paying for all this now £32 pounds... and I do not have any BB limits of that nasty 40 gig limit with talktalk and im paying £1 pound more..

I called 02071819966

I know some people will get talktalk for £21 cos they are unbunded but my exchange it not so i would have to pay the extra £10 pounds.. so

TALK TALK £31
ONETEL £32 + NO DOWNLOAD LIMIT!

Comments

• hurrah
    hurrah Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    Options
    The offer you mention is only open to existing Onetel Customers. You can no longer sign up for Onetel as they are now part of TT.

£10.99p is a lot to be paying for inclusive 24/7 01/02 calls.(274 calls a month on 18185)do you make that number of calls?
  • DazedByTheLight
    Options
    Hi, how did you get this?

I have tried ringing but am getting told that I can switch to talktalk (which I don't want to do yet) but cannot pay the same rate as talktalk whilst staying with one.tel.

The really frustrating thing is that these Indian call centre operators don't understand the meaning of customer service and keel blabbering the same crap at you until you go away.

Help!
  • PhilUK_3
    PhilUK_3 Posts: 457 Forumite
    Options
    ask for a uk person thats what i did
  • DazedByTheLight
    Options
    Thanks, they said they couldn't put me through but luckily the rep was quite good and immediately put me through to a senior rep who confirmed the lower price.

I wouldn't have thought of this if I hadn't seen it here so a good spot :)
  • ocoste
    ocoste Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Just called Onetel customer service 0800 957 0706 to complain about poor customer service, told them I was leaving. They dropped the quoted fees to £7.99 for the duration that I remain with them!! Worth a try?
    hurrah wrote:
    The offer you mention is only open to existing Onetel Customers. You can no longer sign up for Onetel as they are now part of TT.

£10.99p is a lot to be paying for inclusive 24/7 01/02 calls.(274 calls a month on 18185)do you make that number of calls?
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    £7.99 is a lot to be paying for inclusive 24/7 01/02 calls (that'd pay for 266 calls a month on 1899).

Do you make that number of calls each month, every month (even when you're away on holiday)?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport